The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Primary PGCE 2014-15

Hi all,

I have a place on the primary PGCE for this coming September, anyone else? Good luck to those waiting on interviews/hearing back! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, congrats on getting the place! I've got my interview, any advice? So nervous!!
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by xlaura1234x
Hi, congrats on getting the place! I've got my interview, any advice? So nervous!!

When's your interview? Don't be too nervous, it's not so bad! I had mine last year, as I deferred, so it may be a little different...

We all had an introduction and general information session/chat in the beginning, and then we were split into groups. Half of us had interviews first, whilst the others did Maths/English/Science tests. The interview was with one member of course staff and one local teacher from what I remember! They were really nice and put me at ease :smile:

I'd say have a flick through some notes/guides from GCSE. Think about your work experience, especially what you learnt and how it's helped you reach your decision to apply. Try not to be too nervous, they're looking to chat to you and see what you know, not give you a reason to fail :smile:

Good luck!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Congratulations.

I have also accepted an offer for the Primary PGCE 2014-2015 at University of Manchester.

I had my interview on the 10th January this year and by the sounds of it not much has changed since last year. You'll have your presentation to do (which they sent you with offer of interview) also they'll ask you a couple of questions and ask you to do a small task. I agree with Claire they were really nice and just wanted to put you at ease, very friendly.

I personally wouldn't be worried about the Science audit as it does not affect your offer of a place. But it wouldn't hurt to have a look.

They say you MUST pass the interview to get a place. They also want you to pass the Maths and English tests (an hour long each). Pass all three and you are in!!!!! :smile:

What date is your interview?

Good luck!!!
Reply 4
I'm still waiting to hear from Manchester. Had my interview on the 31st, anyone else still waiting? I have heard that others have received offers last week. It's making me a crazy lady with the refresh button. I so so so want to get in!
Reply 5
I hope you hear soon. I actually heard from Uni themselves before UCAS so equally keep an eye on your emails.

Good luck
Reply 6
Thanks for the info. I'm not usually such a crazy lady! Congratulations on your offer by the way :smile:
Reply 7
Hi!
Yes I have been accepted too! Nervous and excited about the whole thing! Have you thought about what you are going to do for accommodation?
Reply 8
I got in! The looooooong wait was worth it. Now for passing the skills tests... Hopefully see you all in September!
Reply 9
Anybody who's had their offer, have you had an e-mail about online DBS and health screening yet?
Reply 10
I already live in Manchester, so just staying put really! You? Have you had an e-mail about online DBS and health screening yet?
Reply 11
You should have completed a health form when you got offered a place. I haven't done DBS yet but that's because I've moved house and waiting proof of address. If you're concerned ring Natalie or Anthony in the PGCE admin office.
Reply 12
Yeah I'm just wondering as I did one last year (I deferred) and was wondering if other people had heard things!
Reply 13
Hi! I got an email through about the DBS maybe a week after my offer? And I just did it online. And then there was a separate health form which I completed and had to send off. Had my DBS through now so that's done but not heard anything about the health form.
Reply 14
Hi, I have also got a place on the primary PGCE starting in September. Congrats all who have got in! Was wondering what people were doing for accommodation? I'm not too keen on going back in to student accommodation.
Reply 15
Hi, I have got on to a Primary PGCE at the university of Manchester starting in September 2014 and I was wondering what people were doing for accommodation? Are people applying for university accommodation or are people wanting private accommodation? I'm not too keen on living in university accommodation again and would be happy to find private accommodation with other pgce students. If anyone is thinking the same then I would be interested to chat, or equally grateful for advice about Uni accommodation.

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 16
Hi,

I am in a similar position! I don't want to live in halls again and am keen to find a small shared house! I don't know Manchester at all so need some advice too! But looking for people to live with!
Reply 17
I don't know Manchester either! Such a dilemma haha. But definitely keen on finding somewhere with other pgce students. Are you doing primary or secondary?
Reply 18
I am primary too! I have had a look at Manchester student homes website which gives area guides, and a friend of mine knows Manchester and has given me some advice on areas too! But it's scary and still not sure where to find people to live with!
Reply 19
Same, I've been looking online but couldn't find anything about people saying they want to live with others doing a pgce so I started this thread. Maybe more people will see it and we could have a small group? I'm living in Sheffield at the moment so it's quite easy for me to pop to Manchester whenever.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending