The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Nah haha
Reply 21
Original post by Maid Marian
At the front, I'd say :redface: I think only the back or the front should be low cut on a dress, not both low at once. :redface:

Yeah that was my thinking lol! I do like the sequins though. :redface:

Congrats on winning so many TSR awards btw! :biggrin:
Reply 22
I'm a girl, I wouldn't wear it.

I think with anything, if you wear it with confidence and you have the body for it, you'll look fine.
But i always go with cleavage or legs, both (along with sequins and low back) is probably a bit too much :P
I would say it's fine if you've got the bod.. I couldn't as I have rather big *ahem* assets that would spill out. If you're worried about it being too immodest I would make sure to wear black tights/ a cardi with it and it'll help.
Reply 24
The dress in question is not particularly flattering, it lacks structure, but to answer OP, no its too revealing.

Also please do not mislead the members of TSR by putting 'pics' in the thread title, we came here expecting a female TSR member in a revealing dress, but instead got an ASOS model, very disappointing.
It's hot - I'd wear it with tights as it's pretty short... especially in January :wink:
Reply 26
I love it! It's a really nice dress :smile:
Original post by Alpha brah
Yeah that was my thinking lol! I do like the sequins though. :redface:

Congrats on winning so many TSR awards btw! :biggrin:

The sequins are beautiful! And I love the colour, it's so deep! Maybe if you wore tights with it, it would seem less revealing? I don't know. I just think the top of it is too much with the revealing front and back! :tongue:

Aww thanks! I was pretty shocked that so many people voted for me! :eek:
I think it's gorgeous :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Original post by Nerd2
The dress in question is not particularly flattering, it lacks structure, but to answer OP, no its too revealing.

Also please do not mislead the members of TSR by putting 'pics' in the thread title, we came here expecting a female TSR member in a revealing dress, but instead got an ASOS model, very disappointing.

Number of damns given = 0. Error.
Reply 30
Original post by She-RaBrighton
It's hot - I'd wear it with tights as it's pretty short... especially in January :wink:

I might do yeah :smile: I always thought sequins and tights clashed though? (Could be wrong, I just don't usually wear them together lol)
Reply 31
Original post by Lucy96
I think it's gorgeous :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You need to get the stick on bra for that dress. I used to love my stick on bra. As long as you don't have back fat rolls, it'll look good. Think it would be gorgeous with a higher neckline though.
Reply 33
Original post by JennaEmBee
You need to get the stick on bra for that dress. I used to love my stick on bra. As long as you don't have back fat rolls, it'll look good. Think it would be gorgeous with a higher neckline though.

Where can I buy them? I have another backless dress so I need one for that too, thanks :smile:

I might do the straps up all the way if I get it, that'll raise the neckline a bit.
Reply 34
I like it, but tbh if you're quite busty and have a big booty then its a no, cause it'll just ride up at the back & look trashy from the front :smile:
Reply 35
Not too big (I'm petite). Where do you buy that tape? I have another backless dress so I might need to get some anyway :smile: I can't even wear a normal strapless bra with it lol

Should be fine then. I'd wear it if it weren't for my giant butt.

I just use micropore tape from boots if I'm honest, does the job.
Where can I buy them? I have another backless dress so I need one for that too, thanks :smile:

I might do the straps up all the way if I get it, that'll raise the neckline a bit.

I've bought them from Debenhams an Boots in the past. They don't budge.
Reply 37
Number of damns given = 0. Error.

How rude! Reported :mad:
I've seen more revealing dresses. This one is ok.
Reply 39
Original post by redferry
Should be fine then. I'd wear it if it weren't for my giant butt.

I just use micropore tape from boots if I'm honest, does the job.

I'm sure your butt looks fine, I'd rather have a giant one than a tiny one :tongue: I'll try that, thanks :smile:

JennaEmBee
x

Thank you, I'll pop down to Debenhams I think :smile:

Latest