The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Chantilly cream- absolute best thing with Strawberries...
*wants strawberries and cream again* :frown:
squirty can cream and BIG fat strawberries from my garden.
Reply 23
nice combination :wink:
Reply 24
0uro*
:biggrin: proper cornish clotted cream :biggrin:

Proper cornish clotted ICECREAM! ***DROOLS!!!**
lazydays
Proper cornish clotted ICECREAM! ***DROOLS!!!**

I bring back large pots of that whenever I come back from cornwall.....goes within about 2 days....i mean large litre pots...and this is a family of 3...
Reply 26
Aphrodite
I bring back large pots of that whenever I come back from cornwall.....goes within about 2 days....i mean large litre pots...and this is a family of 3...

You can get it from Asda now. :biggrin:
clotted cream mmmmm!!!!
lazydays
You can get it from Asda now. :biggrin:

what??!! really??!! proper handmade cornish clotted cream??!! :eek: *makes note to get mum to drive her to ASDA*
Reply 29
as a child i used to just have it with sugar. i cant stand single cream, it's just gross. and i wouldn't want my stawberrys drowning in single cream. so obviously, it has to be double cream - whipped of course. not the one out of the can either.
i tried strawberries with low fat creme fraish today, and it was surprizingly lush!
Reply 31
wikiwikiwildwildwest
*drool* I could go a fruit scone with clotted cream and strawberry jam right now.:p:

OMG!!! Heaven!!! :suith: :suith: :suith:

Re Strawbs... I tend to have double but Jersey cream, whipped cream (although poss slightly sweetened?) and clotted cream are all AMAZING!!!
Reply 32
WorkHouse
squirty can cream and BIG fat strawberries from my garden.

Yeah home grown strawberries are the best... ours were awesome this year... really red all the way through, juicy and sweet too! MMmmmm.....:suith:
Reply 33
Aphrodite
what??!! really??!! proper handmade cornish clotted cream??!! :eek: *makes note to get mum to drive her to ASDA*

I'm not sure it's hand made, but it's proper cornish stuff! :biggrin: It's quite expensive, worth every penny though.
Failing that, get some from "The ice cream farm" in cheshire, i think some shops stock that, it's amazing stuff. *Is tempted to drive to the ice cream farm now*
clotted cream is available in sainsburys too.

and dispite what it says on the pots you *can* freeze it and then just defrost as and when you want it. We have it every year on warm mince pies at christmas
lazydays
I'm not sure it's hand made, but it's proper cornish stuff! :biggrin: It's quite expensive, worth every penny though.
Failing that, get some from "The ice cream farm" in cheshire, i think some shops stock that, it's amazing stuff. *Is tempted to drive to the ice cream farm now*

Think that might be a bit far for me to go :p:
Reply 36
Aphrodite
Think that might be a bit far for me to go :p:

I think some normal places buy it in though...look out for it. :p: :biggrin:
lazydays
I think some normal places buy it in though...look out for it. :p: :biggrin:

I will!!!

in the mean time..*gets tub of ice cream*
*startes eating* I ate the strawberries yesterday :redface:
Reply 38
Hmm I like strawberries with double cream. Most definitely not whipped from a can yuckky yuk yuk. But proper whipped cream is ok, espesh as Eton Mess yummmm
Reply 39
single or double with a lump of ice cream and grated chocolate and white choc..omg wow.

Latest