The Student Room Group

Law Exam for Social Work

Hi, has anyone done a Law exam for social work and can tell me how its laid out, whether its a case study, essay question etc, any information would be helpful :smile:
Reply 1
At Hallam it was a case study... the rest of my reply is based on the Children and Families route...

You started out with a small amount of information and would need to explain what you would do based on that information. The case study would progress until you were looking at removing a child from their parents, placing them in foster care, etc.

Many people fall into the trap of reading the information and jumping straight down the Section 47 route.

Read through the whole case study first so you can see how it is going to progress.
Reply 2
Thanks for your help :smile:
Hi. Have you got any more tips? I will have an exam at Hallam this year.
Reply 4
Original post by Paula1981
Hi. Have you got any more tips? I will have an exam at Hallam this year.

Hi il be starting Hallam for social work.. any tips/advice? How did you find the exam?

thank you.
Original post by Shaz288
Hi il be starting Hallam for social work.. any tips/advice? How did you find the exam?

thank you.

Hi @Shaz288,

Congrats on your offer to study with us, we look forward to welcoming you :jive: Hopefully you find the answer you're looking for, but I recommend posting in our official applicants chat thread to see if you are looking to find fellow applicants! Previous/current students form Hallam may also be more likely to see this and answer your query! Let me know if you have any questions about studying here or student life in Sheffield :h:
- Ella

Quick Reply

Latest