The Student Room Group

Student finance

I'm in process of filling it in.

I came across a section about which course I want to do.

I put in details for one course and then it moved onto the next section.

Do I have to fill the finance application in for every course separately?

Note: I'm doing it on my phone, and the website is phone friendly, had no other issues whatsoever on phone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
I haven't begun filling mine in yet but i'm just wondering if anyone knows what you do in this situation:
My current household income is about £33,000 - that entitles me to a maintenance loan of £4,619 and grant of £1,872 = that's a total of £6,491 per year, after accommodation that leaves me with about £100-£130 per month for food, books,going out etc. (I won't be going out much though!)

However, my household income will be almost £10,000 lower once I go to university as my Dad will no longer receive the widowed parents allowance as I will have left school - will Student finance take this into account because my parents won't be able to support me as much as they can now due to the reduced income, or do they only base it on the previous years income?

I know someone that went to uni years ago and between applying for finance and going to uni, her dad lost his job, but because the loan was based on the previous years income, this wasn't taken into account so she really struggled for that first year, despite having a job herself, and that seems pretty unfair.
Reply 2
Original post by Hitashami
I'm in process of filling it in.

I came across a section about which course I want to do.

I put in details for one course and then it moved onto the next section.

Do I have to fill the finance application in for every course separately?

Note: I'm doing it on my phone, and the website is phone friendly, had no other issues whatsoever on phone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe it's usual to enter your first choice course on the first pass of the SF form. Once you have a place confirmed later in the year, you can change the course details if you end up doing something different. The single SF application will cover all of the courses for which you're applying.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending