The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

commuting to herts from london

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tamako2410
Hello..Im planning of travelling to Kings X then to hatfield..it seems like a good idea.
I stay near Wimbledon -London
Do u know a better option for me
Pls help..
I begin my term this september🙇

Thameslink to st Pancras then walk over to kings cross for great northern to Hatfield
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Original post by shawn_o1
Thameslink to st Pancras then walk over to kings cross for great northern to Hatfield

Ohk thanks😀
Btw wud u reccommend this journey for me on daily basis
Original post by Tamako2410
Ohk thanks😀
Btw wud u reccommend this journey for me on daily basis

Depends on your social needs
Original post by shawn_o1
Depends on your social needs

I hope i can still make friends anyway..But i have heard of bus strikes and cuts in Hatfield..so the thot of getting stranded at the bus stop at late evenings is...😞
Reply 24
Does any one know how much it will cost to go from kings cross to heatfodshire? I live in south London and will be getting a train to kings or London Bridge. I saw the ticket prices online were £12 from kings cross to the train station in heartfodshire. I not really sure if I should get this or use the oyster until it's last zone as I've seen someone comment that other zones have been added in.
I really need help as i have got all my offer and I need to decide which one to go to.
I shall be commuting from South London too.
My uncle uses some app called Train line and the price for the journey (KX-Hatfield) it shows : £14.50(Mon) £8.50(sun)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I shall be commuting from South London too.
My uncle uses some app called Train line and the price for the journey (KX-Hatfield) it shows : £14.50(Mon) £8.50(sun)

Original post by Cr8tive
Does any one know how much it will cost to go from kings cross to heatfodshire? I live in south London and will be getting a train to kings or London Bridge. I saw the ticket prices online were £12 from kings cross to the train station in heartfodshire. I not really sure if I should get this or use the oyster until it's last zone as I've seen someone comment that other zones have been added in.
I really need help as i have got all my offer and I need to decide which one to go to.
LOOL its nice to see there are more fellow commuters here from South London apart from myself aha:biggrin:. I come from here everyday from a really really southern part of South London and what I do is get to London Bridge, then jump on the Northern Line to Kings Cross, and then from here its 3 stops to Hatfield, which are Finsbury Park (you'll see spectacular views of the Emirates Stadium as you go past-take pics!), Potters Bar and Hatfield. All in all, provided there are not delays/problems along the way and I get all my connections, it takes 1hr and 40 minutes door to door. Not the easiest commute by any means, but very reasonably priced-only £12.60 for a peak time return ticket and and £9.85 off peak.

I'd recommend that if anyone has a journey time this long, only commute in the first year and then go for halls/private accommodation in the second year. The workload will be too intense to get anything meaningful done at home once you get back. Take it from me, sometimes I get home at around 7:00 after a 5:00pm lecture, and if I have a 9am start the next day, there's so little time left.

All in all, commuting is much much cheaper than halls but the time spent commuting can be slightly frustrating over time. Entirely your own choice of course, however some parts of South London such as East Croydon have really good transport links and should get you to Hatfield in under 1hr 20 mins.

Hope this helps.
Reply 28
Thanks this really helped
No probs if you need any more advice feel free to DM me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending