The Student Room Group

Best science / engineering job?

I'm wondering which is the best job, in your opinion, in terms of salary, job prospects now but also for the future and also is interesting. Also, i'm thinking of becoming an engineer ( chemical ) and have heard that they are underpaid in the UK and I'd be better off working in North America, is this true? Thanks for your replys :smile:
Reply 1
Engineers make loads of money in Saudi Arabia!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Do you know about the situation for engineers in the UK. And whether they're better off working in America?
Reply 3
The situation of engineers in the UK? As far as I know engineers are I'm high demand in the UK, why what do I not know?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Statistically engineering is quite well paid in the UK. But ultimately it depends on the industry you're in. I'm in oil & gas which pays very well, but other industries not so much.

Engineering does pay better in America, and also many places on the continent too.
Reply 5
As it has already been said, a big factor is the industry you work in.

Chemical/Petroleum Engineering is generally the highest paid. One of the advantages of studying something like this is that you can be very geographically mobile and easily find work where the best opportunities are. Especially in Oil & Gas.

I graduated in 2012 and have been based primarily in London working in the Oil & Gas/Petrochemicals industry. Salaries vary generally based on how remote or dangerous the location is you are working in. However, it is certainly possible to make a good salary being based in the UK .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending