The Student Room Group

Multilingual and Polyglot Wannabe Thread MK II

Scroll to see replies

Finally back in the UK. Feels weird being able to understand absolutely everything

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Eradicating

Posted from TSR Mobile

안녕하세요!:smile: 한국어를 공부해요?
Original post by Marii101
안녕하세요!:smile: 한국어를 공부해요?

I just started learning it! I am ok with HANGUL except always missing characters out.

?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I just started learning it! I am ok with HANGUL except always missing characters out.

?

Posted from TSR Mobile

저는 2년 동안 한국어를 배워요, 하지만, 아무것도 간신히 알아요. 그래서, 한국어 못해요. 나이가 어떻게 돼요? 제가 14살이에요. 한국말을 공부해요? 그리고,어떻게 배워요?
저는 2년 동안 한국어를 배워요, 하지만, 아무것도 간신히 알아요. 그래서, 한국어 못해요. 나이가 어떻게 돼요? 제가 14살이에요. 한국말을 공부해요? 그리고,어떻게 배워요?

Your hangul is fantastic! Considering you haven't even looked at it for years.

I learn just by seperating my books into 6 categories. Personal, everyday situations, work/study, travel and common phrases.

I just basically memorize sentences and test myself over and over, i usually do this in the night as i will retain it. When i finish speaking, i want to progress into writing. It work's for me and you? Also speak in English! I'm just a beginner lol. :biggrin:
For listening, i watch kdramas and kmusic

Posted from TSR Mobile
Your hangul is fantastic! Considering you haven't even looked at it for years.

I learn just by seperating my books into 6 categories. Personal, everyday situations, work/study, travel and common phrases.

I just basically memorize sentences and test myself over and over, i usually do this in the night as i will retain it. When i finish speaking, i want to progress into writing. It work's for me and you? Also speak in English! I'm just a beginner lol. :biggrin:
For listening, i watch kdramas and kmusic

Posted from TSR Mobile

미안해요! Haha XD
So you learn from books? I don't have any books... Do you have any to recommend? I also watch KDramas and listen to Korean music. What dramas have you watched/are watching and what artists do you like?
I use a website to learn (howtostudykorean.com). It's pretty damn amazing tbh and I think it really helps you to understand the language which makes you retain stuff quicker. You should take a look at it sometime!
미안해요! Haha XD
So you learn from books? I don't have any books... Do you have any to recommend? I also watch KDramas and listen to Korean music. What dramas have you watched/are watching and what artists do you like?
I use a website to learn (howtostudykorean.com). It's pretty damn amazing tbh and I think it really helps you to understand the language which makes you retain stuff quicker. You should take a look at it sometime!

I've started watching secret garden! So far good. But i loved glorious day and hana kimi (kv).
I am the biggest fan of BTS and got7. The rest is to much to list but other's would be ailee, crush, exo, jay park, ukiss, teentop , bbang, bap, natthew. I see you like simon D! I love he's rapping along with GRAY.

I've used that! Its good ayyt :biggrin: but koreanclass101 is my favorite. I also use interpals for language exchange with Koreans.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thatitootoo

Hoiiiii alles goed? :biggrin:

Hoe ging uw nederlandse tentamen???

Ook ik ben vrij nu! Ik heb mij tentamens afwerkt! :woo:

Original post by Obiejess
Anyone know any resources to help with learning swedish?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Memrise. :wink:
Original post by boumavilla

Hoe ging uw nederlandse tentamen???

Ook ik ben vrij nu! Ik heb mij tentamens afwerkt! :woo:

Repped for recommendation of Memrise :wink:

Totally have no motivation to study now I'm back in the UK. How on earth do I get myself back in gear?
I've started watching secret garden! So far good. But i loved glorious day and hana kimi (kv).
I am the biggest fan of BTS and got7. The rest is to much to list but other's would be ailee, crush, exo, jay park, ukiss, teentop , bbang, bap, natthew. I see you like simon D! I love he's rapping along with GRAY.

I've used that! Its good ayyt :biggrin: but koreanclass101 is my favorite. I also use interpals for language exchange with Koreans.

Posted from TSR Mobile

OMG Secret Garden was amazing!!! I haven't watched the others that you listed but I have some must watch dramas to recommend: Masters Sun, Innocent Man, Incarnation of Money, Three Days, King2Hearts. These are only a few, I've probably watched over 20 dramas LOL.

You can't be a bigger fan of BTS than me :wink: I literally love all the members but Rap Mon and Sugar are defo my favourite. Who is your bias? I liked Ailee when she debuted but haven't really listened to her latest stuff.
Yes, I like Simon D and Crush and Zion.T (His album cover is my profile image) and Vasco and Dynamic Duo and Leessang and so many other artists in the R&B/Funk/Hip Hop genre. Have you listened to Crush's recent album by any chance? It's so amazing. As well as BTW's album! I could go on forever LOL So I'm gonna stop now....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by super_kawaii
Repped for recommendation of Memrise :wink:

Totally have no motivation to study now I'm back in the UK. How on earth do I get myself back in gear?

Make a list of absolutely everything you have to do. It'll make you guilty every time you see it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
OMG Secret Garden was amazing!!! I haven't watched the others that you listed but I have some must watch dramas to recommend: Masters Sun, Innocent Man, Incarnation of Money, Three Days, King2Hearts. These are only a few, I've probably watched over 20 dramas LOL.

You can't be a bigger fan of BTS than me :wink: I literally love all the members but Rap Mon and Sugar are defo my favourite. Who is your bias? I liked Ailee when she debuted but haven't really listened to her latest stuff.
Yes, I like Simon D and Crush and Zion.T (His album cover is my profile image) and Vasco and Dynamic Duo and Leessang and so many other artists in the R&B/Funk/Hip Hop genre. Have you listened to Crush's recent album by any chance? It's so amazing. As well as BTW's album! I could go on forever LOL So I'm gonna stop now....

Posted from TSR Mobile

I couldn't get past Episode 4 of Secret Garden, does it get better? o:
Also aw BTS ~
Pinch and a punch it's the first day of the month! :ahee:

I wish you all a very HOT and MULTILINGUAL July! :wink:
Pinch and a punch it's the first day of the month! :ahee:

I wish you all a very HOT and MULTILINGUAL July! :wink:

Alles goed man?

Wij heb niet al lang gesprekt!
x

Bonjour lovely! How is it going? :grin:

You're now the oldest at school ey :wink: Have you done the young linguist competition yet? It was aimed atlearners of Chinese. Or at least, I vaguely remember you mentioning that it was something languages relate....lol

Original post by boumavilla

Hoe ging uw(*jouw :wink:) nederlandse tentamen???

Ook ik ben vrij nu! Ik heb mijn tentamens afgewerkt! :woo:

Goedemiddag, Bouma! Met mij gaat het goed, dankje. How gaat het me jou?

"Du kannst mich ruhig duzen!" :wink: I can't think of the equivalent phrase in Dutch...sry :tongue:

Maar ja, je hoeft mij niet met 'u' aan te spreken! Zeg gewoon 'jij'. :smile: Ik geloof dat zelfs de meeste Nederlanders 'U' een beetje te 'formeel' zouden vinden...Bovendien kennen wij elkaar (op TSR dan :wink:), en zijn wij ook ongeveer dezelfde leeftijd! ^^

Mijn examen Nederlands ging wat beter dan ik had verwacht! Dus ik ben best wel blij met mijn prestatie :woo: Nu nog maar wachten totdat de A-level resultaten eindelijk worden gepubliceerd!

I'm not at all familiar with the verb 'afwerken' --> 'afgewerkt' (past participle) - Instead, I use 'maken' --> 'gemaakt (pp). You seem to have a better understanding of how to use the former, perhaps you could share your knowledge with me sometime! :wink:

Cheers,
Tootoo
We needz sum more LIFE in 'ere

Too many dead, too many many dead

:wink:

Cheers,
Tootoo
J'ai décidé que cet été je vais apprendre l'italien et l'espagnol, comme l'année dernière quand j'ai appris le français.
We needz sum more LIFE in 'ere

:wink:

Cheers,
Tootoo

Do you mean the thread needs more activity? I would be more active, if there are more German foreign speakers. English is just too boring, as everyone in this English forum is speaking this langugage. I'm here now and then in the hope of a question about German.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
J'ai décidé que cet été je vais apprendre l'italien et l'espagnol, comme l'année dernière quand j'ai appris le français.

Just for fun, or with a qualification in mind? :wink:

Almost six weeks until Results Day :ahee:
My German oral was on the 7th of May - that's a full three month and one week gap between completing the exam and receiving the result :eek:

Cheers,
Tootoo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending