The Student Room Group

Applying to uni now?...

This'll probably seem stupid, but is there any way of applying to university's now after the deadlines?

I was supposed to be studying abroad this year but because of medical reasons I can't do that anymore and seem to have missed the UK deadlines. Anyone know about applying around now to start this September? I already did a gap year and don't want to do another...

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by RTAN451
This'll probably seem stupid, but is there any way of applying to university's now after the deadlines?

I was supposed to be studying abroad this year but because of medical reasons I can't do that anymore and seem to have missed the UK deadlines. Anyone know about applying around now to start this September? I already did a gap year and don't want to do another...

Thanks

http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/undergraduate/when-apply

Late applications

If you miss your deadline, most universities and colleges will still look at your application if they have vacancies left on the course you apply for, but there are no guarantees.

Late applications can be sent up to 18:00 30 June.
We recommend you ask the university or college if you're allowed to apply late especially for courses with a 15 October deadline, as it's unusual for them to consider late applications because theIr courses are really competitive.
As above, its certainly not impossible at this stage. Just phone each University and check that they are are still accepting applications for that particular course first.
Reply 3
Some Uni's don't seem to mind, others won't even look at the application, as the above post says, get in touch with them and ask.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending