The Student Room Group

Do I need to add why I'm applying to Uni late in my UCAS Statement?

So I'm 22 and applying for Uni. I've previously gone to Uni but because of the course, mental health issues and Covid I ended up leaving. I'm now applying for a different course. In my personal statement, do I need to mention my past at uni and why i left etc. or should I just focus on the course?
Just focus on the new course.

Everything in the PS should relate to your suitability or motivation for the new subject.
Original post by Charlie2613
So I'm 22 and applying for Uni. I've previously gone to Uni but because of the course, mental health issues and Covid I ended up leaving. I'm now applying for a different course. In my personal statement, do I need to mention my past at uni and why i left etc. or should I just focus on the course?

I would focus about your passion and interests in terms of the course, they don’t really need to know about why you left before. I’m 20 and just applied for Uni now and I didn’t mention anything ab it and still got in :smile: You’ll be fine!
Keep your PS positive but don’t forget to list your previous study in your education section

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending