The Student Room Group

Applying after the ucas deadline but before clearing.

I’m on a gap year I’ve done my alevels but didn’t get close to my predicted grades. And didn’t get into my unis, and wasn’t sure whether I still wanted to go uni, now I am sure. But have missed the ucas deadline can I still apply to unis (ideally lower entry requirement Russel groups) before clearing or do I have to wait.
Thanks
You can apply now to any course that has vacancies.

It’s also better to apply now rather than pinning all your hopes on clearing.
Hi there,

I am glad to hear you decided to join a university.

Here are the steps you can follow:

You can still apply through UCAS until the 30th of June. However, remember that these applications are treated on a first-come, first-served basis.

If you have no offers or declined the ones you had, UCAS Extra has opened on the 28th of February and it allows you to add another choice.

Clearing starts after the 30th of June, through which you can directly apply for all courses that are still available.

Be mindful that for Russel Group universities with lower entry requirements, the entry standards can very depending on the course and institution. So it's important to check the spefic entry requirements for the course you are interested in and make sure to contact the universities directly and ask about the possibility of late submissions.

I hope I managed to help!

Best of luck,
Melanie
LSBU Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending