The Student Room Group

U of Toronto applicants?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Elisa.B
Thank you! But your A*A*A* is not half bad either!!! hahah :tongue:
I submitted my application in late January and they received the last of my documents on February 12 so they probably won't reply until late March...
What did you apply for?

I applied for Physics.
Reply 21
Original post by Hanover
No, still 'to be reviewed'..:s-smilie:

I talked to them today they said that I should get a response by next week. Is there anything new with your application?
Reply 22
Original post by MAyman12
I talked to them today they said that I should get a response by next week. Is there anything new with your application?

I didn't ask them, but I'll keep waiting until mid March..
Reply 23
Original post by Hanover
I didn't ask them, but I'll keep waiting until mid March..

Yeah, hopefully we get a response before spring break.
Reply 24
Yeah, hopefully we get a response before spring break.

Where will you be during spring break? :biggrin:
Reply 25
Original post by Hanover
Where will you be during spring break? :biggrin:

Not sure, Hopefully not staying at home studying.
Reply 26
I applied to UTM economics course. Already achieved A*A*AB( econ,maths,business nd chinese respectively) on A level. How's my chance to get in?

Cambridge,LSE,Ucl rejected me :frown: so im hoping to get into u of t?
Reply 27
Original post by suvd
I applied to UTM economics course. Already achieved A*A*AB( econ,maths,business nd chinese respectively) on A level. How's my chance to get in?

Cambridge,LSE,Ucl rejected me :frown: so im hoping to get into u of t?

You're probably getting in. UTM is fairly easy to get in. When did you send your documents btw?
Reply 28
You're probably getting in. UTM is fairly easy to get in. When did you send your documents btw?

I sent my AS, IGCSE and Ielts certificates on late dec, but they received on mid January.I sent cambridge a request to send my results to u of t just yesterday. How 'bout u?
Reply 29
Original post by suvd
I sent my AS, IGCSE and Ielts certificates on late dec, but they received on mid January.I sent cambridge a request to send my results to u of t just yesterday. How 'bout u?

All of my certificates were received by January 27th. I didn't send my certificates from directly from Cambridge, is this a problem? And why did you send an Ielts score, isn't IGCSE English sufficient?
Reply 30
All of my certificates were received by January 27th. I didn't send my certificates from directly from Cambridge, is this a problem? And why did you send an Ielts score, isn't IGCSE English sufficient?

No, its not a problem. I sent it from Cambridge cuz I havent received my A level certificate yet, I took it on last nov session. They required Ielts score for not english speaking countries, so igcse english is probbly insufficient. Btw where u from?
Reply 31
Original post by suvd
No, its not a problem. I sent it from Cambridge cuz I havent received my A level certificate yet, I took it on last nov session. They required Ielts score for not english speaking countries, so igcse english is probbly insufficient. Btw where u from?

I currently live in Canada, but I'm originally from Egypt.
Reply 32
I currently live in Canada, but I'm originally from Egypt.

mmm so u r domestic student, thats nice.
Reply 33
Original post by suvd
mmm so u r domestic student, thats nice.

Where are you from?
Reply 34
Where are you from?

From Mongolia :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Original post by Hanover

Anything yet?
Reply 36
Hi, so I really want to apply to the University of Toronto and I was wondering if someone whose done it before could answer a few of my questions please :frown:
I may just be being stupid but I can't seem to find the answers to my questions online... I want to do economics and I'm from England.
1. It says I have to have GCSE/IGCSE/ASLevel/A2Level English.. Does that mean all of them, or will an IGCSE be enough? I'm probably being stupid but is that saying I have to have an A level in English as well?
2. With that being said, is an A at IGCSE English realistically good enough?
3. Will my GCSE grades be realistically good enough? I got 3 A*s, 6 A's and 2 B's all in "Core Subjects"
4. Do they interview?
5. How much does it all cost? And will anyone help me finance it (UK or Canada)
6. Will anything be taught in French?
7. I'm doing Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Economics for A level. Will Further Maths be looked at negatively?
8. If you have done something similar, would you recommend it?

Sorry for such a long list of questions: any answers you have, even if you cant answer all of them, would be hugely appreciated.
Thanks so much in advance xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending