The Student Room Group

what part of your body takes longest to heal after workout? and quickest

slowest= legs,back and triceps
middle= chest
fastest=shoulders,biceps and traps

Scroll to see replies

All take roughly the same time, weirdly. Or is it weird? Not sure...
My legs... I still have nightmares about the time I didn't warm up and down properly. Damn near couldn't walk.
Reply 3
Original post by mrdetermination
slowest= legs,back and triceps
middle= chest
fastest=shoulders,biceps and traps

My gut reaction is to agree with you on every part of this, but then I thought perhaps it only feels like legs take longest to heal because they are more incapacitating than an achey chest :tongue:
Original post by Jamerson
My gut reaction is to agree with you on every part of this, but then I thought perhaps it only feels like legs take longest to heal because they are more incapacitating than an achey chest :tongue:

yh personally feel that legs take the longest then back

shoulders heal within a day

while my legs and back takes 5 days
Reply 5
Arms= quickest
Thighs = longest
Reply 6
genuinely don't get doms.
Reply 7
Original post by illusionz

You only really get doms if you don't train a muscle for 2 weeks or so then go heavy on it.

Quickest to heal - arms
Longest to heal - legs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I believe it is the spinal erectors that takes the longest to recover. That's why I don't lift too heavy anymore but can still attain my strength without putting a large amount of stress on my lower back, just constituting for more reps at a lower weight.

Personally, sometime if I train chest on Mondays my front delts are still saw on a Thursday. The DOMS is most peculiar, don't get DOMS the next day but 2 days after.
Reply 9

Original post by Reps4Jesus
You only really get doms if you don't train a muscle for 2 weeks or so then go heavy on it.

Quickest to heal - arms
Longest to heal - legs

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your not training hard enough then, and by training I don't mean lifting the most weight. DOM is seriously mad under a light weight of tension. try doing incline smiths machine bench for 12 sets but ensuring you do down 4 seconds on the negative then explode up.
Original post by AMG44
Your not training hard enough then, and by training I don't mean lifting the most weight. DOM is seriously mad under a light weight of tension. try doing incline smiths machine bench for 12 sets but ensuring you do down 4 seconds on the negative then explode up.

Doms is not an indication of how hard you've trained. If you get it the day after every training session then you're not working that particular muscle often enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Doms is not an indication of how hard you've trained. If you get it the day after every training session then you're not working that particular muscle often enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah DOMs isn't an indicator of muscle growth and maybe I change my workout often to keep my muscles guessing.
Original post by AMG44
Nah DOMs isn't an indicator of muscle growth and maybe I change my workout often to keep my muscles guessing.

If I don't do, for example, shrugs for a week or two, they have the most sensational doms feeling the day after I smash them. I love doms tbh nothing better than bicep or chest doms! On the contrary, there's not much worse than legs or lower back doms; crippling!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
My dick.

Oh sorry you meant a different kind of workout :laugh:
Original post by AMG44

Soz mate. Put 15kg on my bench, 40kg on my deadlift, 15kg on my OHP, 15kg on my Row, 20kg on my squat.

In 1 month.

Not training hard enough. Soz
Reply 15
Soz mate. Put 15kg on my bench, 40kg on my deadlift, 15kg on my OHP, 15kg on my Row, 20kg on my squat.

In 1 month.

Not training hard enough. Soz

That would equate you with: a, being a noob or b, on gear or c, less rom.
Original post by AMG44
That would equate you with: a, being a noob or b, on gear or c, less rom.

I never denied any of the above. I simply refute your statement that I am not working hard enough.
Original post by AMG44

DOMS means precisely **** all to how hard your working, 12 sets will do nothing for your strength or hypertrophy as well

I'm with illusionz - I don't get DOMS either.
Reply 18
Original post by AMG44

plz

broscience

*don't get DOMS crew*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not true mate, I'm currently on a twice-a-week cycle (i.e. training each muscle twice a week with low volume) and I get DOMS after every workout. I push myself to my limits every workout though so that's probably why.

Quick Reply

Latest