The Student Room Group

A question about GEM application..

Im currently in my first year of a chemistry degree. My plan is to apply for Graduate entry medicine during my third year of my degree after having received a prediction from my uni of me getting a 2:1 or 1st in my degree. In my first semester exams I was extremely ill but decided that i would not file for mitigating circumstances as first year does not actually contribute to my overall uni degree grade, only 2nd and 3rd years do. I achieved an average of 52% which is about a 2:2, but i plan on doing better on the last semester of this year anyway. What I am wondering is whether when applying for GEM, do uni's look at all module results for all semesters including first year modules? I didnt think this was the case since they never did this with a levels when apply for undergrad, and assumed they just accepted your prediction then distinguished each through ukcat, a levels etc. If anyone has information please let me know, thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Depends on the school. Some do, can't remember which... I know liverpools requires 65% average at least
There were others too...
Reply 2
But is that 65% average across all 3 years? Or just year 2 and 3 since those are the only ones which contribute to your final degree grade. Also, im new to GEM application, how do you even find out information like that?
Reply 3
Original post by aaarrrjjj
But is that 65% average across all 3 years? Or just year 2 and 3 since those are the only ones which contribute to your final degree grade. Also, im new to GEM application, how do you even find out information like that?

Hmm actually, looking at liverpools site, doesn't say 65%, it says a minimum of 2.1 and also says a 'good 2.1' I think thicker your grades the better chance you have.
Birmingham also wants a 1st

Here's info on GEP
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/graduate_entry_medicine_-_a_guide

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending