The Student Room Group

Essays

I'm stuck doing essays, basically. I've had a rubbish english teacher for a term or so and I haven't learnt how to do essays properly. However, in spanish, I have a very good teacher. In spanish, there are two types of essays: Comentario de recursos and Argumentación literaria. In the "comentario de recursos" I need to analyse the words (so basically the connotations of the word and the effect on the reader). On the other hand, the "argumentación literaria" is basically having a thesis (eg. the man is violent), select quotes which back up your opinion (eg. "the man tore up the child's coat) and explain it a bit. In an english essay, which would be correct, the explanations of the words (comentario de recursos), or the defending-your-thesis question (argumentación literaria?)?

Please help, as I'm in yr 11 and only 80 days left for my IGCSE's ;(
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Help please! :smile:
Reply 2
Can anyone seriously help meeee plz!
Reply 3
Original post by Omni Vanitas
Can anyone seriously help meeee plz!

English essays are quite similar. Have a thesis at the start and use it to drive you through the essay. It will give you something to say and make your essay more cohesive.

remember the PEEL structure: Point, evidence, explain, link.

Good Luck! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by rasberyl
English essays are quite similar. Have a thesis at the start and use it to drive you through the essay. It will give you something to say and make your essay more cohesive.

remember the PEEL structure: Point, evidence, explain, link.

Good Luck! :smile:

Thanks !!! :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest