The Student Room Group

A2 SCLY4 Crime and Deviance Sociology Exam June 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lauraaaaa
It was the one I was least confident on, but still managed to do it well I think...ended up with an A*, so we both did well! :smile:

That's great!!
Yeah, it was easy! Definitely got lucky though...there were some things I hadn't revised thoroughly, but they, luckily, weren't on the paper

Wow last years paper was amazing.....wish i did it last year!

When did you start revising btw?
It was the one I was least confident on, but still managed to do it well I think...ended up with an A*, so we both did well! :smile:

Congrats.....:biggrin:

How did you find the religion paper?
Original post by xxvine
Wow last years paper was amazing.....wish i did it last year!

When did you start revising btw?

Um, I left revising til very late cos i had so many bunched up exams, but I kept up with work throughout the year

Original post by xxvine
Congrats.....:biggrin:

How did you find the religion paper?

Religion paper was fine as well, I got over 90% on both. They were both pretty nice papers tbh! Doesn't mean yours wont be equally as good this year :smile:
Um, I left revising til very late cos i had so many bunched up exams, but I kept up with work throughout the year

Religion paper was fine as well, I got over 90% on both. They were both pretty nice papers tbh! Doesn't mean yours wont be equally as good this year :smile:

May I ask....
With the methods question....what technique do you use to answer the question?
Also how did you revise? Flash cards?
Hey can someone tell me the questions that came up last year for crime and media please :smile:
Hey can some tell me the questions that came up last year for crime and media please :smile:
I had been revising over the year and then really got stuck down revising over Easter and then until the exams finished.

Yeah the beliefs in society exam was a great one too! Basically just back up any point you make with a sociological surrounding that is relevant and it will get you marks.

As for methods I used flash cards to learn them :smile:
Original post by xxvine
May I ask....
With the methods question....what technique do you use to answer the question?
Also how did you revise? Flash cards?

Um basically just picked a strength or weakness of the method and said how it would be a strength or weakness for that context. If you don't link the context then you don't get many marks! I did psychology aswell so just kind of knew them already, but I imagine flash cards are good!
Really miss sociology after reading this haha. I highly recommend not skipping out revising some of the things you learnt in AS, as last years exam the final question was about feminist views (unless the course content has changed). The Rob Webb and Keith Trobe revision books are really good also :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jessie113
Really miss sociology after reading this haha. I highly recommend not skipping out revising some of the things you learnt in AS, as last years exam the final question was about feminist views (unless the course content has changed). The Rob Webb and Keith Trobe revision books are really good also :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhh wishing I am in your shoes Hahaha...

I am guessing you got an A in it overall!:biggrin:

I am going to start revising unit's 3 and 4 from tomorrow....Do you have any tips? How did you manage to memorise everything and have i left revision too late?:confused::frown:
Original post by Jessie113

I miss it too :lol:
Can someone briefly explain sociology and social policy for me in their own words please? Im really stuck!!!!
I've always had trouble with structuring my essays. What is the most effective way to structure a 21 and 33 marker essay? Roughly how many paragraphs?
This thread was huge in 2014?

Where is everybody doing this years paper lol?
Original post by Vxckyy_
Can someone briefly explain sociology and social policy for me in their own words please? Im really stuck!!!!

I did an essay for the question "Assess the relationship between sociology and social policy." the other day and got an A for it, if you PM me your email address I can send you it!

I find I learn quite well by reading essays :smile:
Original post by fieldy_xo
I did an essay for the question "Assess the relationship between sociology and social policy." the other day and got an A for it, if you PM me your email address I can send you it!

Can you PM me please!

Can you PM me please!

Hey can you pm me as well please as I am really stuck on this topic?

Hi could you pm aswell please!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending