The Student Room Group

A2 SCLY4 Crime and Deviance Sociology Exam June 2014

Scroll to see replies

What are the predictions for crime and deviance?
Age and Crime, Location and Crime, Gender and Crime, Realist Theories, State and Green Crime. Then for 33 marker- Postmodernism and Social Policy
Reply 1182
Original post by magicmonkey
Age and Crime, Location and Crime, Gender and Crime, Realist Theories, State and Green Crime. Then for 33 marker- Postmodernism and Social Policy

How do you know?!
Original post by mawder
How do you know?!

They are predictions haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1184
Hey how much should be write for the 21 marks, 15 marks and the 33 marks! Just don't know what is too much of what is less. I hope suicide comes up
Anybody got any good resources for social policy and sociology?
How likely is suicide to come up?
Original post by mawder
How do you know?!

what topic is location and crime

can't find it in my aqa blue a2 book?
Investigating suicide came up in January 2013 as the methods in context and it came up as a 21 marker in June 2012 but i don't think it has come up as a 33 marker :smile:
Original post by sophv2
Investigating suicide came up in January 2013 as the methods in context and it came up as a 21 marker in June 2012 but i don't think it has come up as a 33 marker :smile:

Suicide can't come up as a 33 marker! That's just for theories and methods

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xxvine
what topic is location and crime

can't find it in my aqa blue a2 book?

It's not in the aqa textbook but its on the specification! You could talk about the Rational choice theory, routine activity theory and Wilson and Kellogg's article broken windows! I'm going to revise this later in the week though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1191
Having today off from revision since I had 2 exams! Tomorrow I need to finish class,ethnicity and locality notes and I want to try and get theory done tomorrow. Then methods Thursday morning and then to learn it all!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bee3011
I spoke about the first two as well! I thought I was the only one and I had done it wrong :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No that right I believe cause it goes against the secularisation theory
So here are my predictions LR ,RR, GLOBALISATION(which is a bitch), MARXISM,VICTIMS OR CRIME CONTROL because they are little add ons.

For 33marker I don't think it is going to be theory it might be methods because, it was theory last year june and I think they like to mix it up from what I see on the past papers! but you'll never know.
Original post by stephanie1674
So here are my predictions LR ,RR, GLOBALISATION(which is a bitch), MARXISM,VICTIMS OR CRIME CONTROL because they are little add ons.

For 33marker I don't think it is going to be theory it might be methods because, it was theory last year june and I think they like to mix it up from what I see on the past papers! but you'll never know.

My teacher thinks that it's very likely for social policy to come up as 33 marker

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think victims and crime control will come up didn't crime prevention cone up last year?
Original post by Annmarie123456
I don't think victims and crime control will come up didn't crime prevention cone up last year?

It was punishment so I tthought they might want to focus on other things relating to it .After the repetition of yesterdays exam I dont trust them Feminism was out in 2010 and instability and conflict was out in 2011 so I dont think they mind repeating
It was punishment so I tthought they might want to focus on other things relating to it .After the repetition of yesterdays exam I dont trust them Feminism was out in 2010 and instability and conflict was out in 2011 so I dont think they mind repeating

Yeah feminism and instability was due to come up and secularisation :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1198
Does anyone have anything they can post about Control, punishment and victims Topic 9 i.e. notes or an essay. Thanks people :-)
Well i am leaving out media and functions and forms of punishment! They came up last year and Marxism as a theory came up last year and Science the year before for theories so them two aswell!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending