The Student Room Group

I'm so confused as to what will happen next?

I am studying biology, English literature and language as one, psychology. I want to be a teacher but I'm not sure what kind, I took food technology at gcse and was really interested in that and I'm also really interested in English but then I felt like primary school teaching is a more safer option but I read up on it at manchester uni and you need good grades in science, English and Maths. I achieved an a* in English an A in science and scraped a B in maths which is my weakest subject. I just wanted know what the actual teaching course I like does anyone have any experience in this subject?
What is your question? You just rambled.

There are several options that can help you get into teaching. Type "Get into Teaching" in your search engine bar and click on the one that is situated to "gov.uk".

Some options are:

Do a degree in the subject you wish to teach (must be at least 50% of your subject you wish to teach). English Lit, or English Lit with Media for example.
A degree in Secondary or Primary Education (with or without QTS)
A degree, then a PGCE course in Primary or Secondary Education
Teach First (a charity organisation that puts graduates in tough, challenging schools for 2 years then award them QTS upon successful completion).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending