The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I was sad enough to write a couple of maths papers when I was in sixth form: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=12670236#post12670236
your papers are stunning. You must be an extremely good mathematician. An interesting way to practice maths EVS :p: I might try them. I'm really not looking forward to Further Pure modules in January :frown:

Yes, you're missing that AgCl is a solid and thus doesn't have a concentration. The dissolved AgCl is Ag+ and Cl-.

It's a solution equilibrium that only deals with solutions and not solids, therefore we 'ignore' the AgCl

I understand now that it doesn't make sense to talk about the "concentration of a solid". Thanks EVS :biggrin:
Reply 1382
EierVonSatan
I was sad enough to write a couple of maths papers when I was in sixth form: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=12670236#post12670236

Sweet mother of Jesus :eek:

Luckily first year undergrad up here should cover all that but I think I'd need more than 2hrs to get through that now :p:
EierVonSatan

Yeah it's a good system (but everyone complains because any maths is bad :p:)

If it helps me to get good grades in Chem, I would embrace Maths :p: The ends justify the means!
AutVinceriAutMori
If it helps me to get good grades in Chem, I would embrace Maths :p: The ends justify the means!

Exactly, I like your thinking :top:
EierVonSatan
Exactly, I like your thinking :top:

Thanks :blush: Surprisingly my Chem maths seemed OK, because I could use calculator . But seeing **** results in last modules even my trusty calculator didn't save me :sad: I understand my synoptic/practicals werent perfect, but that bad?
And I honestly thought that I nailed Trends& Patterns + Biochem :sigh:
Still, I have to look forward to the degree now :smile:
I suddenly feel nervous about A2 Chemistry, despite getting an A at AS. :s-smilie: Another 11 Modules in total to get through in January and June :frown:
You worry too much :h:
Reply 1388
KiraMayz
I suddenly feel nervous about A2 Chemistry, despite getting an A at AS. :s-smilie: Another 11 Modules in total to get through in January and June :frown:

Relish in the challenge and then relish some more when you then move onto uni and erm...well just relish stuff in general :biggrin:
I too am....desperately not enjoying...the concept of A2 chemistry...I havn't got off the best start with it (nmr) grr :sigh:

I'll get there
Reply 1390
i am seriously going to fail A2 chemistry. that is not a lie.
What's with all the negativity :hmmm:

Be happy! :mad:
Reply 1392
EierVonSatan
What's with all the negativity :hmmm:

Be happy! :mad:

I'm happy - eagerly anticipating the fun that starts in just about a month :biggrin:
Reply 1393
i seriously have genuine reasons to be worried. :sigh:
and we've got UCAS applications to worry about on top of A2 modules :frown: :frown:
I just enjoy worrying...
It'll be reet
I believe that I AM the chemistry group for y13 next year...so I suppose lots of one-to-one can't help
KiraMayz
and we've got UCAS applications to worry about on top of A2 modules :frown: :frown:

I just died a little bit more inside....
Reply 1397
KiraMayz

UCAS is a breeze, it's really nothing to worry about. Most of it is just filling in facts like your grades, the PS is the only bit you need to vaguely think about - and there's help on TSR for that (you'll notice the words PS Helper below both my and EVS's usernames).
cpchem
UCAS is a breeze, it's really nothing to worry about. Most of it is just filling in facts like your grades, the PS is the only bit you need to vaguely think about - and there's help on TSR for that (you'll notice the words PS Helper below both my and EVS's usernames).

:yy:
I think the PS helpers may be sick of me in a few weeks/months
Reply 1399
raceforthefishman
:yy:
I think the PS helpers may be sick of me in a few weeks/months

Hehe... I shouldn't worry too much. I'll be panicking over postgrad applications before too long.

Latest