The Student Room Group

Only got paid for one month since I started training in December, help?

Hi!
I started a new first job around mid Jan and did 19 hours of training before that in December/early Jan. I didnt get paid end of Jan because the cut off date is 10th Jan and I started working 12th Jan so I had to wait until end of Feb. Its kinda confusing but I was supposed to get paid for training, Jan and the Feb yesterday but only got paid for 1 month I think, and it doesnt look like the full amount as I did lots of extra shifts! I text my manager yesterday bit she hasnt replied so I'll have to ask her tomorrow but how do I phrase it nicely without sounding rude and 'wheres my money' lol. Thanks!!
Reply 1
Ask for your pay slip, look what it says about how many hours/shifts etc you've done according to that and then just politely ask them to explain it to you as you believed you would have been paid more.
Reply 2
Employers are going to start playing fast and loose with this sort of thing now the government has decided to charge £1200 to lodge a case with an employment tribunal. Roughshod over workers' rights as they have been doing since the beginning.
Original post by Resh19
Hi!
I started a new first job around mid Jan and did 19 hours of training before that in December/early Jan. I didnt get paid end of Jan because the cut off date is 10th Jan and I started working 12th Jan so I had to wait until end of Feb. Its kinda confusing but I was supposed to get paid for training, Jan and the Feb yesterday but only got paid for 1 month I think, and it doesnt look like the full amount as I did lots of extra shifts! I text my manager yesterday bit she hasnt replied so I'll have to ask her tomorrow but how do I phrase it nicely without sounding rude and 'wheres my money' lol. Thanks!!

You might have had emergency tax, that's what happened to me when I started a new job. Check to see if that's the case on your pay slip then have fun attempting to get through to HMRC :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending