The Student Room Group

Borders & Enforcement, Immigration Enforcement - Immigration Officer June 22

A thread for anyone who has applied for the above post

Closing date 18th July

I’ve passed both online tests and have just submitted my personal statement

Applied for Cardiff
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

I’m going to attempt the tests soon. How did you find them?

I will be looking for either Swansea or Cardiff
Reply 2
Original post by Chrisg1988
I’m going to attempt the tests soon. How did you find them?

I will be looking for either Swansea or Cardiff

I had one of the tests results banked from a previous application for a different role, so I only had to do the judgmental test and surprisingly I had higher than 84% of other candidates, so very pleased with that.

Just go with your gut feeling is my advice
Original post by James9103
I had one of the tests results banked from a previous application for a different role, so I only had to do the judgmental test and surprisingly I had higher than 84% of other candidates, so very pleased with that.

Will do 👍

I was the same, had the verbal test banked from last ICE team process but messed up the personal statement despite doing a job in the police that closely resembles the immigration job, just shows you can’t take anything for granted 🤣
Original post by Wingedup
I was the same, had the verbal test banked from last ICE team process but messed up the personal statement despite doing a job in the police that closely resembles the immigration job, just shows you can’t take anything for granted 🤣

I work for the Police too. But according to many threads here it’s not necessarily an advantage despite it all being law enforcement lol
I work for the Police too. But according to many threads here it’s not necessarily an advantage despite it all being law enforcement lol

It’s an advantage when it comes to providing examples of various behaviours/strengths but otherwise it has to be a level playing field and the parameters set for the marking matrix that assessors use for personal statements etc will be fairly tight, I will totally admit that I went into the personal statement in the last process with a ‘I’ve been in the Army and Police for the last 30 years and because of that I’m just brilliant at everything’ attitude, so if anything police types can come across as too cocky 🤣
It’s an advantage when it comes to providing examples of various behaviours/strengths but otherwise it has to be a level playing field and the parameters set for the marking matrix that assessors use for personal statements etc will be fairly tight, I will totally admit that I went into the personal statement in the last process with a ‘I’ve been in the Army and Police for the last 30 years and because of that I’m just brilliant at everything’ attitude, so if anything police types can come across as too cocky 🤣

😂. Yeah I’ll admit I got a little confident during my last attempt.
Reply 8
I’m also a PC 😂

I basically used my same personal statement that I used for on border force, with a few role profile adjustments.

Have you attempted the tests yet?
I’m also a PC 😂

I basically used my same personal statement that I used for on border force, with a few role profile adjustments.

I done the verbal test. Got the judgement one to do
(edited 1 year ago)
I’m also a PC 😂

I’ve both tests done just waiting for the right time to draft personal statement. The last IE process I did was for Belfast only and I found the advertisement about 6 hours before the cut off so was under pressure and as impressive as I believed that my statement was, on reflection it didn’t hit the right markers. I had written it like a wee story of my life but I believe a more direct approach is what’s needed, aligning it with each of the essential experience topics.
I’ll join this PC gathering (me too 🙄😂).
When I log in to take the tests, it just mentions the verbal one. Does anyone know if I do that then it asks me to take the situational test after or it recognises I did a previous test for border force? Thanks
Original post by Franks797
I’ll join this PC gathering (me too 🙄😂).
When I log in to take the tests, it just mentions the verbal one. Does anyone know if I do that then it asks me to take the situational test after or it recognises I did a previous test for border force? Thanks

I could be wrong but I think you do the verbal one first and then if successful it will send you to judgement test, results from either test are back within 10 minutes
I could be wrong but I think you do the verbal one first and then if successful it will send you to judgement test, results from either test are back within 10 minutes

Oh right, cheers for that
Yeah that’s exactly what happens.

For some the reason the 2nd test doesn’t get banked so any future applications you have to do again.

So why are soo many of us PC’s looking to leave ? 😂

For some the reason the 2nd test doesn’t get banked so any future applications you have to do again.

I’m lucky enough to be retiring but only 50 so have to get another proper job to keep me away from the wife 🤣

Well I’m a PCSO with a view of becoming a PC. However, I’ve decided not to go down that road now unfortunately probably due to the reasons you guys are here 😂😂
Well I’m a PCSO with a view of becoming a PC. However, I’ve decided not to go down that road now unfortunately probably due to the reasons you guys are here 😂😂

My advice is absolutely do not go down that route at the moment. Looking back. PCSO was the best job I ever had, I’m in year 3 of the PCDA and it’s made me absolutely despise the job. You’re doing the right thing.
My advice is absolutely do not go down that route at the moment. Looking back. PCSO was the best job I ever had, I’m in year 3 of the PCDA and it’s made me absolutely despise the job. You’re doing the right thing.

In my force atm we have a 50% attrition rate from the degree alone. It’s shocking to say the least
I like law enforcement sort of work so that’s why I’ve been looking at the likes of immigration enforcement/ border force.

I’ve done my tests and personal statement now so fingers crossed.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending