The Student Room Group

Pressure from parents

What should I do to deal with the pressure that I am receiving from my parents because they keep expecting me to get good grades and they always think that I will be fine in my studies but what if I'm not? I always end up getting angry at them but never say anything about it but I don't want to because they are just trying to do the best for me.
Original post by Joyce_Lui
What should I do to deal with the pressure that I am receiving from my parents because they keep expecting me to get good grades and they always think that I will be fine in my studies but what if I'm not? I always end up getting angry at them but never say anything about it but I don't want to because they are just trying to do the best for me.

Sometimes pressure from parents is a good thing, it gives you the motivation to get the best grades possible and not procrastinate in order to satisfy and please your parents. However if you are finding it a bit too overwhelming then I would speak to them about it. About some subjects your struggling with and how they could help you, e.g. proof-reading your assignments or setting up a corner/space where you can revise peacefully with no interruptions. Ensure them that you are trying your best, and that's all they can ask for.
Reply 2
Thank you, for the idea that they might motivate me but my teachers day I can get As and A*s for my GCSE's but I'm not to sure because I don't want to give them false hope and instead I don't do as well as the expected.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Joyce_Lui
Thank you, for the idea that they might motivate me but my teachers day I can get As and A*s for my GCSE's but I'm not to sure because I don't want to give them false hope and instead I don't do as well as the expected.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your teachers wouldn't predict you a grade if they don't think you can achieve it. Just try your best and revise when needed. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest