The Student Room Group

It's pretty annoying isn't it

My parents pressure me into agreeing with overnight trips with them, which I don't like after 2 years of living alone. I am extremely scared of staying overnight with others. It's psychological and unexplainable. That's why I hate being pressured into agreeing with it.
Reply 1
Any reason you can't say "no" to them?
Reply 2
Didn't you grow up spending nights sleeping in the same house as your parents? What's changed?
Reply 3
Original post by Surnia
Didn't you grow up spending nights sleeping in the same house as your parents? What's changed?

Same house but not same home. I've been used to living away from them and sleeping alone in my room for the past 2 years. I value my privacy including personal space and absolutely hate it being intruded. This is the same reason I don't date or travel with friends. I don't see why something unnecessary has to be forced upon me? Just because they are my parents?
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Same house but not same room. I've been used to living away from them and sleeping alone in my room for the past 2 years. I value my privacy including personal space and absolutely hate it being intruded. This is the same reason I don't date or travel with friends. I don't see why something unnecessary has to be forced upon me? Just because they are my parents?

Typo. Sorry for that.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Typo. Sorry for that.

So go with them and book your own room?

If you get on with your parents otherwise, make the effort whilst you still have them.
Reply 6
Original post by Surnia
So go with them and book your own room?

If you get on with your parents otherwise, make the effort whilst you still have them.

Day trips are absolutely fine but not otherwise for me. I hope I'd be respected.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending