The Student Room Group

English is a No No

Basically I am alright at everything else except literature and Language, my teacher said I can get a B in English is that enough to get in to dentistry ?
And Literature, well how do I revise for it? I just want a B in Literature.
Reply 1
yeah, but sriously how do i revise for it
Reply 2
Jot down quotes and memorise them short snappy ones. Learn the context (a good solid amount) that can be applied to almost anything. Analyse characters and weave them into the different types of themes there are. A lot of ideas can overlap so it isn't too bad to remember!

Just revise everyday doesn't have to be that long. And a month before the exam start doing essays in exam conditions. Mark them, check the mark scheme and see where you can improve.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
GCSEs don't matter after you do your A Levels. As long as you pass, you're fine. Revise by doing past papers.
literally on the same boat, i suck at english.
A B in English is fine for dentistry I think.
For literature, practice writing lots of essays and show them to your teacher so he/she can correct them and point out your mistakes.
Also, learn lots of quotes and learn how to embed them.
Reply 6
For the literature one, you jut have o think about a phrase or word's implication or connotation. For the language one you could think about the reason why they used the particular word

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest