The Student Room Group

What does being drunk feel like?

I've never been drunk before and this week I'm going out with my friends and they want to get me drunk. I don't know what it's like and I'm terrified it's going to make me sick so at the most I'd only want to get a bit tipsy so I'm still in control of myself. What does it actually feel like?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You just feel really giggly and hyper and aren't as in control of your body as you usually are, so you will feel a bit unsteady on your feet and might fall over easier than you would of fell over if you were sober, kind of thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
first giggly, confident, talkative, then hazy and sleepy. you might feel sick, but thats probably only going to happen if you do a lot of vodka or other disgusting spirits.
Reply 3
Bump
Reply 4
I feel really dizzy and sometimes (it's rare now) want to throw up. If I lay down, it feels as though the room is spinning.

It's not a feeling I like at all.
you feel really 'loose' in your body and head feels heavy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Over confident...about everything; then that euphoric feeling is substituted by a more soporific mood with a side-order of vomit (just kidding).
Reply 7
Depends on the level we are talking about, I just tend to think it exacerbates whatever your personality already is. It can make you more lively if you are quite shy though. Have fun. :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
I've never been drunk before and this week I'm going out with my friends and they want to get me drunk. I don't know what it's like and I'm terrified it's going to make me sick so at the most I'd only want to get a bit tipsy so I'm still in control of myself. What does it actually feel like?

Rush of confidence, less ability to control yourself, become loud etc. If you've never drunk much before I would take it easy because after a few drinks you'll be chundering everywhere. Just take it slow and enjoy yourself
Just take it slow and experience it for yourself :biggrin:
Reply 10
It makes the nincompoops one associates with appear more tolerable.
Reply 11
Depends how much you drink and what you are drinking. Best advice is to not mix the drinks i.e if you start on cider, stick to it. If you drink beer, cider, vodka and energy drinks all in the same night that's when you will feel sick!
The feeling is great once it takes effect, I find it makes me more confident and talkative. (Its true that the truth comes out when your drunk!) If you've never been drunk before it probably wont take very much for you to feel tipsy. As long as you have good mates you can drink responsibly and stay safe!
I get this warm sensation in my body and feel that everything is right with the world.

And then the effects wear off and I start to feel that nothing is right with the world. :colonhash:
Original post by Anonymous

Just drink a few at home on your own first, just so then you will no what to expect. As long as you don't go crazy and drink loads you will be fine. Also ignore pear pressure to get absolutely wasted if don't want to.
Reply 14
Should also mention that I'm quite petite and only weigh about 95lbs so it would likely affect me faster than other people.
Perhaps just take it easy if you've not drank before, your tolerance will not be the same as any peers who are used to drinking, and you don't want to end up on the vomiting/passed out side of being drunk.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Take it easy if you've never been out drinking before! I went out in December for the first time and it really hit me hard! Make sure you eat before you go out, I didn't, and I couldn't walk home which was extremely embarrassing. Thankfully I was out with friends so they all helped me out. But if you're just tipsy then it's great fun! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
You get a lot more confident than usual so for example; you will speak to pretty much anyone. You will certainly be more hyper than usual and it's quite easy to lose balance. But it's amazing and I definitely think you should
Depends how drunk you get and how you feel before getting drunk. Can either be great or completely ****
You get really dizzy and everything goes in slow motion except you, you can control your actions it’s just hard, it’s similar to being high

Quick Reply

Latest