The Student Room Group

I need quite a bit of help applying to a summer school

Hi everyone!

Sorry about this but I am applying for a summer school in Medicine and Dentistry but I am a bit stuck on writing 500 words about myself whilst regarding or referring to the following questions:

1.) Why are you applying for Medicine and Dentistry summer school? 2.) Why do you think you should be considered?
3.) How do you think it will help you?
4.) What ambitions do you have for the future?
5.) What special interests do you have in and outside school?

Sorry. I forgot 2, but still, all of 1 is quite a challenge. I'm struggling with A level at the moment so I can't think of any reason why they would want to take me.
For question 3, I put down that I think the course will help me with the subjects that I am currently studying.

For question 4, I put down that I want to be a dentist and that I would be very interested in oral and maxillofacial surgery but I fear that's not enough.

For question 5, I am quite involved in music and I do read but not very often. This may be a setback but I'm working on it, but is there anything else I should say or is there anything else I should be doing?

is there anything else that could be done to give these 500 words about me some good character?

Plaese. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Which summer school is it?

And is it 500 words in total, or 500 words per question?
Reply 2
In total. It's a summer school for medicine and dentistry at Queen Mary university

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Origami Bullets
Which summer school is it?

And is it 500 words in total, or 500 words per question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Try to talk genuinely - 1) What is it that makes medicine/dentristy stand out to you as a Uni course and a future career - is it the diversity, the fact that the job is rewarding, the fact that it combines the sciences with social aspect... 2) Is there anything that makes you stand out from the other applicants? Like work experience, dedication, work ethic... 3) The fact that it'll enable you to experience first hand what university life is like; the workload, what the course entails... Whether you like the university - what is it like to study in East London.. 4) Ambitions... "I put down that I want to be a dentist and that I would be very interested in oral and maxillofacial surgery but I fear that's not enough." It may be enough as it's a simple enough question but if unsure, then elaborate... Possibly write again/reinforce with something you've said earlier... What is it about these areas that interests you.. 5) Talk about interests - maybe a sport, music, etc... Then link to your career/study aim and say if it'll benefit you - any extra reading you do e.g. new scientist will enhance your application.. Hope this helps a bit!! :smile:
Reply 5
Thank you very much

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
This'll help a lot but I may ask more questions if I'm unsure

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending