The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imeprial College Summer school year 10

Can someone read and see my errors for the application I did for Imperial college summer school for year 10. I got rejected and I know it was because of my application since its the first ever application I did. Someone message me so I can send you a copy my application and help me spot some mistake
Is that for the Global School? Are you old enough for that one? You need to be aged 16 by 31st Aug to apply for the Global Summer school.....
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by mathsinsider
Is that for the Global School? Are you old enough for that one? You need to be aged 16 by 31st Aug to apply for the Global Summer school.....

no, its Year 10 Insights into Science and Engineering Summer School they're offering
Reply 3
Did they ask you to list which parents had been to university, what your income was, etc.?
Reply 4
Original post by Sinnoh
Did they ask you to list which parents had been to university, what your income was, etc.?

They did. The house income was part of the list to tick and we were told that if we could put if we are first generation to go uni in our personal statement. However, i didnt mention it since both of my parents were uni grads( but from a third world country, so the education they had werent really as high nor competative compared to here) and i felt like it will decrease my chances from getting in
Reply 5
Original post by invaliddd
They did. The house income was part of the list to tick and we were told that if we could put if we are first generation to go uni in our personal statement. However, i didnt mention it since both of my parents were uni grads( but from a third world country, so the education they had werent really as high nor competative compared to here) and i felt like it will decrease my chances from getting in

Yeah. Don't get your hopes up too much, but you'll just have to wait and see.
Reply 6
Original post by invaliddd
Can someone read and see my errors for the application I did for Imperial college summer school for year 10. I got rejected and I know it was because of my application since its the first ever application I did. Someone message me so I can send you a copy my application and help me spot some mistake

I got in for this year so if you still want someone to review your personal statement I wouldn’t mind.
Reply 7
Yo, I got into the y10 summer school too. Do you know others who are going? Thanks.
Original post by Iqrx
I got in for this year so if you still want someone to review your personal statement I wouldn’t mind.
Original post by Iqrx

Hi, I know this was a few years ago. I am applying and just wanted to know what your predicted grades were and what you wrote in the statement... if you remember.
Original post by king_Lucky123
Hi, I know this was a few years ago. I am applying and just wanted to know what your predicted grades were and what you wrote in the statement... if you remember.

Same, I applied for a couple this year and it's quite unknown online so would be appreciated...
Original post by Anonymous #1
Same, I applied for a couple this year and it's quite unknown online so would be appreciated...

which ones?
Original post by king_Lucky123

which ones?

stem potential, stem futures for imperial - got rejected for the first one though lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending