The Student Room Group

Another one of these.. Birmingham vs Sussex for straight LLB

I am having trouble deciding between Sussex and UOB. I have visited both on their applicant days and I LOVED Sussex. I think I fell in love with the campus-community feel of it. The Law talk was so-so, I wasn't really blown away but on the whole, the uni was lovely. The accommodation is also reasonably priced and relatively new which is nice. I have an unconditional offer from them
Birmingham accepted me despite the fact that I didn't have the predicted grade (missed by one grade) and my LNAT score is quite frankly an embarrassment lol :colondollar:. On arrival, I wasn't blown away by the campus but I really thought that the lecturer was enthusiastic about teaching law, on a much higher degree than Sussex.

I know that league tables shouldn't always be used as a stringent guide but I took it into account. Since Birmingham is a Russell Group, i believe it puts me in a good position for the future job wise.

PLEASE HELP ME! Obviously, you cannot make the decision for me but perhaps you could shed light on whatever I may have overlooked.

Thank you in advance! :smile:
You weren't blown away by Birmingham's campus?! I think it's pretty awesome for a city university

I'd choose Birmingham personally, for the prestige factor. The legal industry is one of those industries where your university name is quite relevant.

But then again I don't study Law and am not going into the legal industry so I'll let the pro's do the talking. (I just did the unspeakable on TSR and showed my lack of credentials - take note A-level students)
I would take Birmingham. If you are hoping to work for any of the big legal firms they don't often recruit outside the Russell Group.
Reply 3
Thank you both for your replies!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending