The Student Room Group

Which UK City Would You Most Like To Live In?

Scroll to see replies

York or Portsmouth, love them both.
Reply 21
Birmingham or Leeds :biggrin:
None

Barcelona or Okinawa
(edited 10 years ago)
Southampton I feel a kind of bubble of happiness in my chest when I'm there

Posted from TSR Mobile
I live in and love London, so I'm happy here, but I've visited Brighton (even though it's a town) and Oxford and they both seem like nice places to live.
Hull
Reply 26
Oh man, so hard to choose! I love London, but I feel I'd only be happy near the center - so expensive! Along a similar vein, Manchester. I was bought up near there, and I'd love to go back to live some day. I like big cities, I like the option to go any where and do anything whenever I like. Much better than living in the dullsville countryside!
Manchester. Got all the good qualities of a busy city but it is not so huge that is impossible to escape to the countryside.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by scjman
While I do like London, I could never live there-way too busy for my tastes. Currently, I live in Norwich and-if all goes to plan (I am hoping to study at Anglia Ruskin)- I will be going to live in Cambridge later on

Cambridge is a fab place to live, my sister was there for a few years. It definitely is fun. :smile:
Original post by klokwork
I love London, but I feel I'd only be happy near the center

This. That'd be the whole point for me.
I live in London but I don't want to go uni in London so....

After that, probably Oxford, Manchester...
Cambridge or Birmingham
Reply 32
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Cambridge is a fab place to live, my sister was there for a few years. It definitely is fun. :smile:

Thanks for the heads up :smile:
I live in Leeds, and would love to live here all my life. Although if you aren't actually from Leeds, you might struggle to fit in. Other than Leeds, it's probably York.
Southend on sea. Lovely and clean, close to the beach, and countryside on tap!

I have lived in Cambridge all my life. But now I dislike it because of all of the green belt developments which have led to heavy congestion :frown:
London?

I love Sheffield too-I go to uni in Sheffield and I'd love to settle down there, although Manchester or Leeds would be nice too. Anywhere but London!
Original post by SmallDuck
I have lived in Cambridge all my life. But now I dislike it because of all of the green belt developments which have led to heavy congestion :frown:

I think all cities are more congested than they used to be - Oxford, where I grew up, is also a good example. I'm not sure it matters much to you if you don't drive much, most students use bikes and feet. :smile:
London. And I already live in it, so no worries. :lol:

Yay. London!

Quick Reply

Latest