The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by traintracks1995
Again you underestimate driver skill. Do this at your peril.

Again you underestimate how quickly a bike accelerates. Against a car that does 0-60 in 9/10 seconds this bike would fly away
Original post by plrodham1
Again you underestimate how quickly a bike accelerates. Against a car that does 0-60 in 9/10 seconds this bike would fly away

A bike isn't even in the same league as a saloon. How many teenage girls can you fit on the back seat of a bike, ogling at your skill as you palm steer your German whip?
Reply 102
A bike isn't even in the same league as a saloon. How many teenage girls can you fit on the back seat of a bike, ogling at your skill as you palm steer your German whip?

Off that logic a bus wins. Also who wants teenage girls in the back of the car...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kumori
Off that logic a bus wins. Also who wants teenage girls in the back of the car...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Might be a long shot, but perhaps a teenager like traintracks1995?
Original post by lauriethepigeon
Wow.

I haven't looked at this forum for months. I come back and this kiddie with the passat is still creating troll threads that have people arguing for several pages!

This means he is one of the most successful trolls I've ever seen. Shame on you all for rising to it!

Lets face it the motoring forum would be boring without him
Original post by kumori

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alright Grandad
Original post by kumori

Posted from TSR Mobile

who doesnt!
Original post by blue n white army
who doesnt!

+1
Reply 108
Original post by Sgt.Incontro
+1

+2
Original post by Sgt.Incontro
+1

Original post by blue n white army
who doesnt!

I like to bruise round town with 4 teenage girls in the back, gasping with pleasure as I demonstrate high speed cornering. I drop them off home and make a move on the last girl.
Reply 110
God, some people don't know how to live (or drive for that matter). A little light hearted racing between roundabouts on dual carriageways is great fun. If the road is quiet and weather conditions are great, then no one is going to get hurt. Like yesterday when I took on a diesel X type Jag, we had a good laugh in our evenly matched saloons.

heh. Passat vs X type. It's a middle aged saddo who couldn't afford a decent car jamboree.
Original post by Pariah
heh. Passat vs X type. It's a middle aged saddo who couldn't afford a decent car jamboree.

2 litre Diesel X type has respectable power at 128 bhp. We were evenly matched, both flooring it and the gap between cars wasn't closing or widening.
2 litre Diesel X type has respectable power at 128 bhp. We were evenly matched, both flooring it and the gap between cars wasn't closing or widening.

I'll bite.

What is your definition of respectable power. As neither the power of the Jag or your Passat would be considered respectable in my book.

*fingers crossed for genuine answer*
I like to bruise round town with 4 teenage girls in the back, gasping with pleasure as I demonstrate high speed cornering. I drop them off home and make a move on the last girl.

I'm getting we just thinking about it! :colondollar: :wink:
Original post by DotDotCurve
I'll bite.

What is your definition of respectable power. As neither the power of the Jag or your Passat would be considered respectable in my book.

*fingers crossed for genuine answer*

In my book.

Sub 60 bhp underpowered
60-100 bhp slow
100-120 average
120-180 respectable
180-250 fast
250-350 very fast
In my book.

Sub 60 bhp underpowered
60-100 bhp slow
100-120 average
120-180 respectable
180-250 fast
250-350 very fast

I'd be looking more at bhp/tn over just simple bhp.

You may believe 140bhp in your Passat is respectable, but when it converts to around 85bhp/tn it really isn't that respectable, and falls into the slow category.

My car for example is sitting with 200bhp. Which is considered fast. This converts to 160bhp/tn and falls into the respectable category.
(I'd like to point out that I do not consider my car fast, I only consider it quick).

Hence why a 600bhp Bentley can do sub 5s 0 to 60, but feels like you're pulling a bus due to them weighing up to 2 bags - as this converts to around 250bhp. Which just hits your very fast category, but in reality they are not, in that the sense of speed/power is not there.

*disclaimer*of course their are exceptions to the rule*disclaimer*
In my opinion:

Sub 100HP - UNDERPOWERED :mad:
100-140HP - MEH :colonhash:
140 -160HP - DECENT :smile:
160 - 250 - BETTER :colone:
250 - 350 - FAST :biggrin:

Of course this largely depends upon the car and its weight, but as an average, this is what I think.

Hence why a 600bhp Bentley can do sub 5s 0 to 60, but feels like you're pulling a bus due to them weighing up to 2 bags - as this converts to around 250bhp. Which just hits your very fast category, but in reality they are not, in that the sense of speed/power is not there.

*disclaimer*of course their are exceptions to the rule*disclaimer*

600 bhp Bentley not considered to be "very fast" . OK Mr Bugatti Veyron
600 bhp Bentley not considered to be "very fast" . OK Mr Bugatti Veyron

Which just hits your very fast category, but in reality they are not, in that the sense of speed/power is not there.

See the above bold. I didn't say it wasn't fast. I said the sense of speed/power does not match the BHP figure due to its weight.
Which just hits your very fast category, but in reality they are not, in that the sense of speed/power is not there.

See the above bold. I didn't say it wasn't fast. I said the sense of speed/power does not match the BHP figure due to its weight.

My figures weren't about "sense of speed". They were about actual speed.

Latest

Trending

Trending