The Student Room Group

Is it possible to be in love with two people at the same time?

I mean really in love, not just fancying them. Because one is really nice to everyone, but I asked her out and she now doesn't feel comfortable talking with me. The other one is nice, cute, but has a short temper and can be horrible when she wants to be. They're both really pretty, but neither acknowledge it, and I was just wondering if I am being selfish.
[h="1"]if you love two people at the same time, choose the second. Because if you really loved the first one, you wouldn't have fallen for the second
-Johnny Depp
[/h]
Reply 2
well tbh love is associated with falling for that ONE person who you see as the most beautiful and amazing person ever ..someone you would spend your life with

most people confuse love with lust .

lust or hot - would bang then discard .... or bang a few times then move on

love - spend forever with them and only really want to bang them

considering more people lust than love i would say it is impossible to love more than one person as love itself is for one person ... in most cases but you CAN lust for more than one person .. and very few people achieve true love in most cases it is .. marry someone fit to bang .. or someone rich ..
Reply 3
Original post by Padwas
well tbh love is associated with falling for that ONE person who you see as the most beautiful and amazing person ever ..someone you would spend your life with

most people confuse love with lust .

lust or hot - would bang then discard .... or bang a few times then move on

love - spend forever with them and only really want to bang them

considering more people lust than love i would say it is impossible to love more than one person as love itself is for one person ... in most cases but you CAN lust for more than one person .. and very few people achieve true love in most cases it is .. marry someone fit to bang .. or someone rich ..

But I've never thought of either of them in that way before slapping myself for even thinking of that :frown:
It's totally possible. Hell, if everyone is on board with it it's possible to carry on some kind of poly relationship. Though honestly I'm not sure you've got much potential for love or a relationship with someone who isn't even comfortable talking to you.
Reply 5
Original post by Simidude
But I've never thought of either of them in that way before slapping myself for even thinking of that :frown:

depends on your definition of love mate , sometimes you can lust for someone but without the want-to bang feeling .... thing is about love ... the feeling is you ONLY want that person ... but i could be wrong
Original post by TheGreatPonderer
[h="1"]if you love two people at the same time, choose the second. Because if you really loved the first one, you wouldn't have fallen for the second
-Johnny Depp
[/h]

This.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
No - if you're truly in love with someone, you have no room for anyone else.

Original post by Softy31
x

:love: :love:
Reply 8
Original post by Simidude
I mean really in love, not just fancying them. Because one is really nice to everyone, but I asked her out and she now doesn't feel comfortable talking with me. The other one is nice, cute, but has a short temper and can be horrible when she wants to be. They're both really pretty, but neither acknowledge it, and I was just wondering if I am being selfish.

Original post by TheGreatPonderer
if you love two people at the same time, choose the second. Because if you really loved the first one, you wouldn't have fallen for the second
-Johnny Depp

Original post by ninuzu
No - if you're truly in love with someone, you have no room for anyone else.

:love: :love:
I couldn't agree more. :love:
I can argue day and night on this, but can't waste my time tbh. The responses I quoted above are true.
If you consider yourself to be REALLY in love then you should find that if that statement is true you won't ever feel the need to consider option B.
Be honest and admit you don't love those girls 100% - when you REALLY love someone you love them unconditionally by 100% and that means you don't have any room for anyone else. You may love those girls, but you don't REALLY love either of them and the most you love each of them is by 50% only; because one has qualities the other one lacks and so on.
I think you should focus on finding someone else, as the first girl clearly doesn't like you back in the same way (and I'm not sure why you're so surprised...because I'm nice to most ppl, but that doesn't mean I want to get romantically involved with them) and the second girl - you fear her because of her imperfection, which is fair enough.
Reply 9
And then there's loving someone and being in love with someone = two different things and are confusing when term ''I love you'' is used to show BEING in love...but that's the whole other discussion.
Perfectly possible. Although love is not an emotion, it's a commitment.
Reply 11
Original post by Softy31
And then there's loving someone and being in love with someone = two different things and are confusing when term ''I love you'' is used to show BEING in love...but that's the whole other discussion.

Exactly. People can love many people but only be in love with one person.
I think you know who my one person is :teehee:
Reply 12
Original post by ninuzu
Exactly. People can love many people but only be in love with one person.
I think you know who my one person is :teehee:

Emm, is his name Stewie? :wink:
Reply 13
Original post by Softy31
Emm, is his name Stewie? :wink:

Yes :yep: Glad you understand :wink:

Spoiler

Reply 14
Original post by ninuzu
Yes :yep: Glad you understand :wink:

Spoiler

Good! Because I now don't have to feel guilty when I say mine is Brian. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Spoiler

I believe you can. Life is not black and white. You can love them for different reasons
Reply 16
Original post by Softy31
Good! Because I now don't have to feel guilty when I say mine is Brian. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Spoiler

Tbf Quagmire was a close call :wink: Dat chin :coma:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending