The Student Room Group

Starting off as a legal sec..

So I'm near to finishing my course for a CILEx certificate/diploma for Legal Secretaries soon and I am looking to start working soon, but I've noticed that most firms want someone with adequate experience in the legal environment. I have none!:frown: We go off on work experience for 2 weeks (which I think is not enough) at a solicitor's/legal firm mid May and our teachers tell us that sometimes the companies tend to take on some of the students if they perform well whilst on work exp. I was just wondering how could I increase my chances of actually getting a job as a legal sec with no experience once I have my qualification?..:redface:
two weeks is enough to show them that you are good.

While you are there, you should try and build up more leads for yourself via your colleagues for you to follow when you finish.

Find out what agencies your work ex firm use to find workers - ask the other secretaries there for advice. Don't ask anyone high up - they won't know
Reply 2
Thank you for your reply! :biggrin:

Definitely will try to find out that information whilst I'm there. Also looked up that some local firms are sometimes willing to take on trainee secretaries with no experience so I am considering that as a plan B.

I think I'll try apply for jobs direct before I go to an agency.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending