The Student Room Group

Advice needed

So today, at school I was doing Phys Ed like you do with 2 weeks till study leave for GCSEs and I’m gonna have to give u some back story so I been told recently that this guy likes me - seems normal right but he is the most popular guy in the year like the most then u get me like in the middle so today one of his friends told a bunch of the popular girls in p.e and they were like noooo and I heard my name like several times that hour with dirty looks and all and the guy kinda glances at me and I look away - I do like him he just doesn’t know that yet - and then it starts chucking it down and all the girls run inside until it’s just me and him with his mates and I just sit on my phone in the rain - kinda to see what he does and all his friends are like egging him to talk to me - honestly some people must think I’m deaf- and then they call him a pu55y and that in a jokey way and near the end of the lesson he’s a good 20m away from me and he calls me to go in cuz he doesn’t wanna leave me then he boots the ball and misses so it deflects back to me and then says sorry and says thanks me after I pick up the ball but
I just think he’s scared and i dint wanna make the first move but u know we’re leaving soon and illl never see home again so help please on what I should do . Xxx
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
So today, at school I was doing Phys Ed like you do with 2 weeks till study leave for GCSEs and I’m gonna have to give u some back story so I been told recently that this guy likes me - seems normal right but he is the most popular guy in the year like the most then u get me like in the middle so today one of his friends told a bunch of the popular girls in p.e and they were like noooo and I heard my name like several times that hour with dirty looks and all and the guy kinda glances at me and I look away - I do like him he just doesn’t know that yet - and then it starts chucking it down and all the girls run inside until it’s just me and him with his mates and I just sit on my phone in the rain - kinda to see what he does and all his friends are like egging him to talk to me - honestly some people must think I’m deaf- and then they call him a pu55y and that in a jokey way and near the end of the lesson he’s a good 20m away from me and he calls me to go in cuz he doesn’t wanna leave me then he boots the ball and misses so it deflects back to me and then says sorry and says thanks me after I pick up the ball but
I just think he’s scared and i dint wanna make the first move but u know we’re leaving soon and illl never see home again so help please on what I should do . Xxx

Take a chance? Talk to him and connect like a normal human being? Not to try to make things more awkward than they are?

Whether you're popular or not does not influence whether he likes you or not. I hate it when people stick to some imaginary hierachy. Don't get me wrong, I understand the concept and how real the effect is on people, but that's purely psychological. If you like someone, go ahead with it. Yeesh.

If his friends are egging him to talk to you, chances are it's not fake (unless we're talking about really narcissistic people who like to treat everyone else like ****). What's happening between you and him is nobody else's business. If the popular girls don't approve of it, it's their problem not yours.

The thing I hate about high school romance is that people make it such an issue and a big deal out of it.

Thing is, even the most popular person in school is human. Every human wants connection and to be treated like a human being. It's incredibly annoying and offputting for people to squirm, squeal, and create unnecessary drama. If you then decide to throw in a bunch of mind games and act entitled, don't expect there to ever be a relationship. Keep it normal and in perspective.
Reply 2
Take a chance? Talk to him and connect like a normal human being? Not to try to make things more awkward than they are?

Whether you're popular or not does not influence whether he likes you or not. I hate it when people stick to some imaginary hierachy. Don't get me wrong, I understand the concept and how real the effect is on people, but that's purely psychological. If you like someone, go ahead with it. Yeesh.

If his friends are egging him to talk to you, chances are it's not fake (unless we're talking about really narcissistic people who like to treat everyone else like ****). What's happening between you and him is nobody else's business. If the popular girls don't approve of it, it's their problem not yours.

The thing I hate about high school romance is that people make it such an issue and a big deal out of it.

Thing is, even the most popular person in school is human. Every human wants connection and to be treated like a human being. It's incredibly annoying and offputting for people to squirm, squeal, and create unnecessary drama. If you then decide to throw in a bunch of mind games and act entitled, don't expect there to ever be a relationship. Keep it normal and in perspective.

Yeah I get what u mean thx
Reply 3
Yeah I get what u mean thx

But talking is hard especially when I barley see him he’s kinda hard to approach always surrounded
Reply 4
Help still needed
If he really likes you, talk to him a few times, make him one of those people you would say hi to. Smile when you see him. Not the subtle one, just your smile, not a fake one either. Tilt your head slightly when you talk and look into his eyes. Use the triangle method when you make eye contact (left eye 3 secs, lips 3 secs, right eye three secs, I’m not so sure tho u might need to search it up). Don’t ever put hair behind your ear. Don’t act any differently than you would normally because the reason he likes you is for who you are. If you end up together and one of those popular girls say something STAND UP FOR YOURSELF, argue with them, use possessive pronouns (from what I remember, he MY boyfriend, not yours).
If he really likes you, talk to him a few times, make him one of those people you would say hi to. Smile when you see him. Not the subtle one, just your smile, not a fake one either. Tilt your head slightly when you talk and look into his eyes. Use the triangle method when you make eye contact (left eye 3 secs, lips 3 secs, right eye three secs, I’m not so sure tho u might need to search it up). Don’t ever put hair behind your ear. Don’t act any differently than you would normally because the reason he likes you is for who you are. If you end up together and one of those popular girls say something STAND UP FOR YOURSELF, argue with them, use possessive pronouns (from what I remember, he MY boyfriend, not yours). Try it
Sorry lol it sent twice
Reply 8
omg thanks soo much guys, just to let u know we spoke for ages on one day and supported each other through our exams and now we are like the best of friends thanks to u . We aren’t dating yet and we’ve finished school forever so I might not see him but I have his number thanks to you all . I literally couldn’t be more grateful for your help 🤍🤍

Original post by Heythere…
If he really likes you, talk to him a few times, make him one of those people you would say hi to. Smile when you see him. Not the subtle one, just your smile, not a fake one either. Tilt your head slightly when you talk and look into his eyes. Use the triangle method when you make eye contact (left eye 3 secs, lips 3 secs, right eye three secs, I’m not so sure tho u might need to search it up). Don’t ever put hair behind your ear. Don’t act any differently than you would normally because the reason he likes you is for who you are. If you end up together and one of those popular girls say something STAND UP FOR YOURSELF, argue with them, use possessive pronouns (from what I remember, he MY boyfriend, not yours).
omg thanks soo much guys, just to let u know we spoke for ages on one day and supported each other through our exams and now we are like the best of friends thanks to u . We aren’t dating yet and we’ve finished school forever so I might not see him but I have his number thanks to you all . I literally couldn’t be more grateful for your help 🤍🤍

Lol I'm late to this but best of luck with your relationship! Just have fun don't take it too serious, you're young so don't feel pressured to make it like an 'adult' relationship :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending