The Student Room Group

Where might I take AQA Physics A (2450) practical exams in London?

I am a mature student, thinking of taking AQA A level Physics A (2450) starting this (2014) summer.

I'll be studying by myself. I am based in north-west London.

Does anybody know where I might be able to take the practical exams, or receive the kind of practical tuition I will need?
Reply 1
Be prepared to pay out of your arse, I've got two physics practicals and two biology practicals to take next summer and its gonna cost me around £1400. :frown:

That being said, I'm doing them at Duff Miller sixth form in South Kensington, they're the best I've managed to find.

You pay for a 4 hour course which includes the exam at the end, so they will teach you all you need to know, and each unit costs £325 (at the moment).

I'd recommend doing both the AS and A2 on the same day. The AS runs from 9:00-13:00, and then the A2 runs from 14:00-18:00.

http://www.duffmiller.com/science-practical-exams/
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Hi Snagglepuss,

You may also want to contact the A-level Science subject support team for information relating to centres in your area that are completing A-level Sciences. We have a list of centres that have indicated to us that they are willing for Private Candidates to contact them to make further enquiries.

T: 0161 958 3859
E: [email protected]

Bill (AQA)
Reply 3
Thank you both, jf1994 and Bill - both your posts are very helpful and I'll pursue them.
Reply 4
Just wondering if anybody else has any further thoughts on my initial question? Thanks in advance.
Original post by jf1994
Be prepared to pay out of your arse, I've got two physics practicals and two biology practicals to take next summer and its gonna cost me around £1400. :frown:

That being said, I'm doing them at Duff Miller sixth form in South Kensington, they're the best I've managed to find.

You pay for a 4 hour course which includes the exam at the end, so they will teach you all you need to know, and each unit costs £325 (at the moment).

I'd recommend doing both the AS and A2 on the same day. The AS runs from 9:00-13:00, and then the A2 runs from 14:00-18:00.

http://www.duffmiller.com/science-practical-exams/

Hi,

Im doing my practicals privately from duff miller as well. I have my first exam this Saturday. Ive been studying abroad and just got back to london yesterday. I was wondering whether youve received anything from the college by post or mail regarding what the practicals are about. I did my AS exams from duff miller last year and they sent us a sheet explaining what we were going to investigate.

Reply 6
Hullo jf1994 - did you take your Duff Miller practicals this summer, or are you taking them next year? If this year, what advice would you give based on your experience? What about you, Sofia - any thoughts?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending