The Student Room Group

Starting Uni in September 2014 thread

Hey all!

Are you starting University in September? What will you be studying and where? :smile:

Have you got any worries about starting, or are you excited?

Chat away :h:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

(edited 7 years ago)
Do you know when the courses start? I mean, the date :smile:
Economics at Exeter :smile: If I get my grades hehe.

So excited! But obviously nervous about moving away from home :tongue:
International Relations at Aberdeen. I'm so nervous about living in the halls, being able to afford everything, finding a job, cooking.. I don't even have time to worry about the academic side of things! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hopefully if everything goes right, I'll be studying Film and TV Production at Westminster University. Already making a mental list on what to take - Eeek!
Economics at Lancaster! Suuuper excited :biggrin: and just a little bit nervous
Original post by purple_clouds
Im going to study Law at Bristol University. im really excited about uni i just cant wait for it to start. the best this is that my offer is unconditional so i dont have to worry about exams as i have already taken them last year.
6 months to go! :biggrin:

same here! I also have an unconditional offer :smile:
Reply 7
I have a conditional offer the study Film at South Wales uni, Newport Campus. But I'm worried because one of my a level grades is predicted lower than the conditions. Has anyone ever heard of someone getting on their course and not meeting all the requirements? :'S
I will most likely be firming my offer from Edinburgh to study German and History. My offer is unconditional so it's nice not to have much exam pressure this year. :smile:
Original post by TKDSensei
I have a conditional offer the study Film at South Wales uni, Newport Campus. But I'm worried because one of my a level grades is predicted lower than the conditions. Has anyone ever heard of someone getting on their course and not meeting all the requirements? :'S

I've got an unconditional from South Wales to study psychology :smile: I'm 20 points below the entry requirements but still got the offer. Do you mean you're due to get lower than the entry requirements or lower than your conditional offer?
Hopefully will be starting in October at Imperial!
Hoping to study Sociology at Portsmouth if I get the grades :smile:
Im going to study Law at Bristol University. im really excited about uni i just cant wait for it to start. the best this is that my offer is unconditional so i dont have to worry about exams as i have already taken them last year.
6 months to go! :biggrin:

I'm hoping to study Law at Bristol too :smile: I'm in year 13 though so I still have to get the grades ( fingers crossed!) I'm pretty nervous, I'm quite shy naturally so I'm worried about how quickly I will settle in!
Accounting and Finance at Birmingham City University
Hopefully, pharmacy at Brighton :smile: I'm really excited! At the same time kinda scared about uni life :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
What grades do you all need to get? Or are some of you lucky unconditional offer holders? :tongue:
I need to get AAA/ A* AB
I wish I was a lucky unconditional offer holder!
Original post by bubble999
What grades do you all need to get? Or are some of you lucky unconditional offer holders? :tongue:

A*A*AA although I have the A* in Maths from last year so it's technically A* in Further Maths, A in Biology and A in Chemistry.
Original post by LilyLouise2
I'm hoping to study Law at Bristol too :smile: I'm in year 13 though so I still have to get the grades ( fingers crossed!) I'm pretty nervous, I'm quite shy naturally so I'm worried about how quickly I will settle in!

(edited 7 years ago)
have you thought about your accommodation options? im choosing wills hall and hiatt baker as my first and second choices. good luck with getting the grades!

I was thinking of Wills Hall too :smile: not sure what I'm going to put second... I also have an offer from Birmingham which I'm considering, I'm not quite sure what I should out first

Thanks!

Quick Reply