The Student Room Group

Starting Uni in September 2014 thread

Scroll to see replies

These are super helpful, needed to find things like this! Thanks :smile:
Sounds like is gonna be OU ( oh the joys it will do)

Nightworld1066
Reply 582
How are people getting their stuff to Uni?

My parents think it's possible to fit everything into three suitcases and go by train. Hoping that a family member will be willing to take me :')

Damn my parents for not driving!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 583
Hvnt started anything just in case i don't gst my place
Original post by corax

My parents think it's possible to fit everything into three suitcases and go by train. Hoping that a family member will be willing to take me :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mums driving 😄.

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Brighton
Moulsecoomb campus.

And I'm going to blackmail my sister into driving down there
To any students going to central London universities and who DON'T live in London, how are you getting your stuff to halls?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by corax

Posted from TSR Mobile

Parents are driving me I guess :smile:
Hopefully starting at Queen Mary UOL to study Biology!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hopefully starting German and Russian at St. Andrews in a few weeks. My only real concern is whether I'll even get in.. :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 590
Birkbeck, University of London & wil be studying Spanish and Management :smile:
Reply 591
Original post by Moonstruck16
To any students going to central London universities and who DON'T live in London, how are you getting your stuff to halls?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Parcel delivery, I'm going to use DPD to send 5 huge boxes. I'm moving from another country so this is the cheapest option.
Original post by AnnaXO
Parcel delivery, I'm going to use DPD to send 5 huge boxes. I'm moving from another country so this is the cheapest option.

So I'm assuming all your stuff will get there after you arrive?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 593
So I'm assuming all your stuff will get there after you arrive?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends when you send it.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
I don't even know where to start in terms of what to buy. Like what stationary do I get?!

ALL THE STATIONARY!!
Stationary buying is the best.

Highlighters, pens, pads and folders are important. Be organised from the start!

I also got those little post its that you can use to mark pages in books cause my textbooks are humungous and they really help finding little bits for revision!
Reply 595

Posted from TSR Mobile

my uncles little Delivery Van :biggrin:

I'm coming from Manchester!
Starting uni this year... Medicine at Queen Mary :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by corax

Posted from TSR Mobile

My parents take me. We have a huge car and it (just) manages to fit my stuff in thanks to mums amazing packing skills! Haha.
It may be worth getting a packing company to take your stuff, trains are so hard to take even one big suitcase up in! Remember you'll need pillows, quilt, pans etc which take up a lot of space! Unless you order them or buy them up there to save you carrying them...
Reply 598
Anyone else still having problems with student finance :frown:

Overall for some reason I'm having massive anxiety about uni :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AnnaXO
Depends when you send it.

But I mean, if it gets sent before you arrive, will it be sent somewhere safe so that it's actually there, unstolen, when you finally do arrive?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending