The Student Room Group

Starting Uni in September 2014 thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by Qari
Anglia Ruskin
Start date is perfect because if I get the grades for it I have roughly a month to get everything. :biggrin:
And true I just realised if I started on 1st I'd be rushing to gt stuff.
My insurance starts on the 1st :tongue: but that's close to where I live so that'd be okay.

October would've been ridiculous IMO

Oh, nice. :smile: Yes, I totally agree.

I'm already in (I hold an international qualification) and am just waiting for further welcome information from my college and the university's student union, which will probably be sent after A-level results day.

Best of luck! Hope you get in! :yy:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by johnmuir
What is everyone taking with them for uni? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

As in for lectures?

A5 Notebook.
A4 Document Wallet.
Pencil case that has: a couple of pens, a pencil, a couple of highlighters, a rubber and sharpener.
My Dictaphone.
My Diary.
A bottle of water.
Some snacks.
My earphones.
A book/a magazine.
Reply 782
Original post by Kathiye
I move in on the 28th of September and lectures start on the 6th of October, I think. So late. :unimpressed:

wow :eek: and i thought my freshers was late
Reply 783
Original post by Grace .
Oh, nice. :smile: Yes, I totally agree.

I'm already in (I hold an international qualification) and am just waiting for further welcome information from my college and the university's student union, which will probably be sent after A-level results day.

Best of luck! Hope you get in! :yy:

Ah congrats, lucky you. Your uni is getting a wonderful addition :biggrin:
And thanks :biggrin:
Reply 784
Original post by Qari
Ah congrats, lucky you. Your uni is getting a wonderful addition :biggrin:
And thanks :biggrin:

Haha, thanks. :smile:
Reply 785
Original post by Grace .
Haha, thanks. :smile:

NP :tongue:
Original post by simplylldxo
Ah 28th September is my birthday :biggrin:

My Freshers is on 15th September and my lectures start on 22nd September

Yay for birthdays! Mine's on the 3rd of October, so during freshers week for me. I wish I was starting when you do, I just want to start already. :tongue:
Original post by kn0pe
Anyone starting at Liverpool hope in September? I've barely spoke with anyone on here who is! Would be reassuring 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I am going to Bolton, Liverpool is not that far from there. Don't know of this would help
Reply 788
What actually happens during freshers week?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 789
Original post by RachelShabs
Well I am going to Bolton, Liverpool is not that far from there. Don't know of this would help

Yes! That's good! Are you as nervous as I am? Haha, I seem to be panicking over everything now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by simplylldxo
As in for lectures?

A5 Notebook.
A4 Document Wallet.
Pencil case that has: a couple of pens, a pencil, a couple of highlighters, a rubber and sharpener.
My Dictaphone.
My Diary.
A bottle of water.
Some snacks.
My earphones.
A book/a magazine.

i love how you're taking a book/magazine into lectures. Do you think you'll be that bored?:lol:
Original post by kn0pe
What actually happens during freshers week?

Posted from TSR Mobile

parties, clubbing, sex, drinking, hang over,.. you know. the usuals
Computing at LIVERPOOL
Reply 793
Original post by moonriver96
parties, clubbing, sex, drinking, hang over,.. you know. the usuals

What if you don't make friends straight away though? Like are you just expected to go clubbing by yourself? I know it sounds silly but if you have nobody to hang out with, freshers week would kinda suck?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kn0pe
What if you don't make friends straight away though? Like are you just expected to go clubbing by yourself? I know it sounds silly but if you have nobody to hang out with, freshers week would kinda suck?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i don't know,probably. i'm starting uni myself this year. but i think if you don't make any friends you wouldn't go clubbing anyway. i think it would be pretty hard NOT to make any friends during freshers haha
Original post by kn0pe

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think people just go with their flatmates to begin with. Automatic friends! Then later on in the week you may make friends with other people you get on better with. :tongue:
Original post by moonriver96
i love how you're taking a book/magazine into lectures. Do you think you'll be that bored?:lol:

No... I'm commuting from home so I need some entertainment for the journey.
Original post by daveyste
Mmm I think out of all of them the toga party was going to be the one I am most likely to skip. Might just end up in Cardiff or something instead! :P

Yeah, I may end up having a night out in Cardiff too at some point over Freshers. It'll be that or Pontypridd (About 15 mins walk approx from the uni) I think :smile: Pontypridd is a good night out if you want somewhere cheaper to get drunk lol.
Original post by jamieh147
Computing at LIVERPOOL

Nice which Liverpool University?

Original post by kn0pe
Anyone starting at Liverpool hope in September? I've barely spoke with anyone on here who is! Would be reassuring 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey I'm going to go to the University of Liverpool :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Babygirlsamzy
Yeah, I may end up having a night out in Cardiff too at some point over Freshers. It'll be that or Pontypridd (About 15 mins walk approx from the uni) I think :smile: Pontypridd is a good night out if you want somewhere cheaper to get drunk lol.

Ahhh never knew Ponty had any night life at all! Definitely still need to do some exploring of the area when I arrive!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending