The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
i have size 14 hips (ok, ok i admit it!) I don't think i look fat at all, but i'm sometimes made to feel fat by all this media **** being served to us 24/7. Even if you don't read magazines such as heat and closer, there's no escaping it. They get away with it because people still buy the magazines, people still watch the programmes about it!

""And yeah it pisses me off seeing a size 10 being described as "curvy" ""

TELL me about it! If that's curvy, what the heck am i?!
*tells self not to listen to stupid magazines*:frown:
Reply 61
lol well i just keep telling myself that the average UK size is 16 so i shouldn't feel bad for being a 12. Although i wouldn't mind going down one:rolleyes:
lala_land
lol well i just keep telling myself that the average UK size is 16 so i shouldn't feel bad for being a 12. Although i wouldn't mind going down one:rolleyes:

Oh psshhh guess who had to buy size 16 shorts for her thunder thighs this summer :p: :frown:
Reply 63
bunthulhu
Oh psshhh guess who had to buy size 16 shorts for her thunder thighs this summer :p: :frown:

Give me thunder thighs any day over a flabby belly!:p:
lala_land
Give me thunder thighs any day over a flabby belly!:p:

And what happens if I have both lol!! :frown: :rolleyes:
Reply 65
bunthulhu
And what happens if I have both lol!! :frown: :rolleyes:

It's still better than having cankles!! (although they are swollen for a reason so i dunno if that counts)

i jus hope all my dieting pays of by the time i go on holiday..
Reply 66
I have no respect for people that read such magazines. Get a life.
Reply 67
That's why I have respect for people like Jennifer Lopez, as she doesn't try to battle against her natural curvier shape - she works WITH it instead

Seriously I don't get why people still say that, go look at Jennifer Lopez in her first big film (Selena) then look at her in the 'Get Right' video, she lost weight like crazy after her first film and her hips seem to have vanished.
Reply 68
I dont think you should consol yourself by the fact that the UK average is 16, therefore it's ok. I know i'm going to get flamed for this, but sometimes 16+ is just not a healthy size to be, i having a small frame would be considered obese at that size (i have a small frame). HOWEVER a lot of my friends are size 14-16 and the look normal, as they are tall curvy and big boobed (am so jealous of there figures). As we all know obesity is rising in the UK, so a Uk average of 16 isnt really anything to be proud of, assuming that half of UK women are over a size 16.
I agree that a healthy figure should be your guide regardless of dress size, you shouldnt be made to feel ashamed of your size if you know that your healthy and fit, whether your a size 6 or a size 16...common sense people!
Reply 69
I wouldn't say size 16 means your unhealthy, i guess it all depends on your BMI, i mean you can hardly squeeze into size 8 tops no matter how small you are everywhere else if you've got a DD bust can you? (I don't know maybe you can)
lala_land
I wouldn't say size 16 means your unhealthy, i guess it all depends on your BMI, i mean you can hardly squeeze into size 8 tops no matter how small you are everywhere else if you've got a DD bust can you? (I don't know maybe you can)

DD you can, depending on the top.

I'm a G, and I've got some tops in size 8. They don't fit well, but I can wear them.
Its one of the bitches of being horrendously curvy.
Reply 71
Health should come first... if you are size 6, eat a balanced, exercise regularly then you are healthy. If you are size 14 eat a balanced diet, exercise regularly, then you are healthy. Overweight and underweight, isn't a good thing... but this is a very individual thing in my opinion. I know rugby players who have been told by doctors that they are clinically obese according to their stupid little chart. i think it is ridiculous. Looking after your body, not filling it with nasty chemicals (food, drink or other) all the time and leaving it to waste away on the sofa in front of the tv should be promoted. HEALTHY LIVING - society needs to get over trying to pigeon hole everyone into 'the ideal' slot. We need to look after ourselves, mind and body!
Reply 72
LouE3D
Health should come first... if you are size 6, eat a balanced, exercise regularly then you are healthy. If you are size 14 eat a balanced diet, exercise regularly, then you are healthy. Overweight and underweight, isn't a good thing... but this is a very individual thing in my opinion. I know rugby players who have been told by doctors that they are clinically obese according to their stupid little chart. i think it is ridiculous. Looking after your body, not filling it with nasty chemicals (food, drink or other) all the time and leaving it to waste away on the sofa in front of the tv should be promoted. HEALTHY LIVING - society needs to get over trying to pigeon hole everyone into 'the ideal' slot. We need to look after ourselves, mind and body!

well said!
cherrychocolate
Charlotte won't suit being a size 8.That's just not her natural size.She's not exactly obese anyway;she's just not as skinny as other celebs.

Exactly. She doesn't need to change. She's gorgeous as she is.
There's a stark difference between being curvy/full-figured and being overweight. The latter often just looks unhealthy, whereas I love to see the former... :p:
i wouldn't say charlotte church is curvy, i don't know what she is really

she hasn't got a big enough bum to be called "curvy", i guess shes just a fat skinny girl if such a thing exists
Reply 76
Fat Skinny Girl - now theres an oxymoron if i ever did see one.

I'd say she was curvy, along with Liv Tyler and also Lindsay Lohan back in the days.
Reply 77
Clarence
Fat Skinny Girl - now theres an oxymoron if i ever did see one.

I'd say she was curvy, along with Liv Tyler and also Lindsay Lohan back in the days.

This is off topic but Brandon (i think thats what his name is) is so hot!
Reply 78
Brendon Urie....yeah he's so yum.
One of those magazines currently has pictures of "curvy celebrities in bikinis" on the front cover, featuring people like Martine McCutcheon. To be honest, I'd say she's just a normal size, but when do you ever see the headline, "Martine McCutcheon is a normal size!"?

Latest

Trending

Trending