The Student Room Group

friendship problem..

Okay
One of my closest friends has been talking **** about another one of my friends who I am quite close too but not as close. This has been going on for a long time but I chose to ignore it thinking wtf i cant just grass... but today it really got to me. i was sitting down and she started laughing about her to my other friend because apparently, cuz she's a muslim, she needs to follow every single thing in islam. All she had today was a piercing and my close friend was laughing at her.

I dont know what to do cuz i dont want this to carry on because i wudve stook up for her if someone did this to her and my other friend doesnt kno anything about this and thinks theyre friends :sad:

how do i sort this **** out???

n to all those who are like wtf? its a RELATIONSHIP forum, I KNOW but i wanted to do this anonymously because i kno someone on here personally whose friends with us......

so please can i get some advice.....
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Okay
One of my closest friends has been talking **** about another one of my friends who I am quite close too but not as close. This has been going on for a long time but I chose to ignore it thinking wtf i cant just grass... but today it really got to me. i was sitting down and she started laughing about her to my other friend because apparently, cuz she's a muslim, she needs to follow every single thing in islam. All she had today was a piercing and my close friend was laughing at her.

I dont know what to do cuz i dont want this to carry on because i wudve stook up for her if someone did this to her and my other friend doesnt kno anything about this and thinks theyre friends :sad:

how do i sort this **** out???

n to all those who are like wtf? its a RELATIONSHIP forum, I KNOW but i wanted to do this anonymously because i kno someone on here personally whose friends with us......

so please can i get some advice.....

hmmm relationships are always tough... you can either try to be friends with both of them (which won't be particularly easy) or you can stick up for the one who thinks deserves it and there's a chance you might cause a small argument and you won't be as close to this friend... or maybe they will come to their senses and you guys will still be friends...
Or, you can kindly ask your friend to stop talking about that person because you don't think there's anything wrong with what they're laughing about and you could say that you are good friends with this person.
If it were me I would go for option three and kindly imply and if not ask them to stop bitching. ie: when your friend mentions her and starts taking the piss ultra casually say "well I like her, yeah she's really nice" if it doesn't stop then say something along the lines of "we're good friends actually and I don't think there is anything wrong with (whatever she's laughing about)" just make sure you aren't being mean because then your friend you are confronting will retaliate and might be argumentative back :P :smile:
Personally I hate bitching and when my friends do it I either don't pay attention or stick up for whoever they're bitching about in a gentle way... I rarely agree. so I hope this will help narrow down your options but just try not to be rash about anything and know when to step back and let things cool down between a friend.
Best wishes! :smile: <3
Reply 2
Original post by liljanie
hmmm relationships are always tough... you can either try to be friends with both of them (which won't be particularly easy) or you can stick up for the one who thinks deserves it and there's a chance you might cause a small argument and you won't be as close to this friend... or maybe they will come to their senses and you guys will still be friends...
Or, you can kindly ask your friend to stop talking about that person because you don't think there's anything wrong with what they're laughing about and you could say that you are good friends with this person.
If it were me I would go for option three and kindly imply and if not ask them to stop bitching. ie: when your friend mentions her and starts taking the piss ultra casually say "well I like her, yeah she's really nice" if it doesn't stop then say something along the lines of "we're good friends actually and I don't think there is anything wrong with (whatever she's laughing about)" just make sure you aren't being mean because then your friend you are confronting will retaliate and might be argumentative back :P :smile:
Personally I hate bitching and when my friends do it I either don't pay attention or stick up for whoever they're bitching about in a gentle way... I rarely agree. so I hope this will help narrow down your options but just try not to be rash about anything and know when to step back and let things cool down between a friend.
Best wishes! :smile: <3

awww thanks :smile: she didnt say anything today cuz i kinda got annoyed at her yesterday but she's gonna leave in like 4 weeks anyway so i wasnt sure if i should have an argument right before exams.

thanks for ur advice though :h: next time she says something, ill tell them to stop it cuz my other friend is really nice-shes just got stuff gong on in her life n i kinda understand it but my friend (the one who was saying stuff) dont understand n im just thinking wtf u cant just say stuff like that :angry:
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
awww thanks :smile: she didnt say anything today cuz i kinda got annoyed at her yesterday but she's gonna leave in like 4 weeks anyway so i wasnt sure if i should have an argument right before exams.

thanks for ur advice though :h: next time she says something, ill tell them to stop it cuz my other friend is really nice-shes just got stuff gong on in her life n i kinda understand it but my friend (the one who was saying stuff) dont understand n im just thinking wtf u cant just say stuff like that :angry:

I'm glad you found it useful, hope it goes well! :smile: yeah, well some people just don't always think about what they say... hopefully she will realise that she should be more careful when talking about other people making sure she doesn't say anything offensive and that it is not worth it when she does :P :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending