The Student Room Group

Toxic friend

My friend of around a year now since jointing a new school has become increasingly toxic and narcissistic. She’s completely dismissive towards anything or anyone that doesn’t resolve around her problems. She talks over me and commands I do things for her like come with her to a place etc. Recently I’ve beeen trying to avoid her but maintain a friendly distance but I think she’s become more volatile and intense as she is probably realising this. I’ve noticed when I’m not in her company I am more confident and feel so much lighter and positive. I have been trying to go to new clubs at school to make new friends however I’ve only got a month or so left of sixth form and I recon it would be PRETTY obvs if I just started hanging out with a new friendship group. She’s pretty much ostracised from the other friendship groups because she’s had an argument with many people (in the other group) however these people have been nothing but nice to me (unlike her). How can I make this last month a good one without her ruining it? Thanks X
Reply 1
It sounds like whether or not you take action she'll be around. Can't you peel the plaster off quickly and say to her what you've said here about her behaviour and that you're not interested in it anymore?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending