The Student Room Group

Do you need a 2:1 in First Year for Summer Internships?

So i fell into the trap of first year doesn't count and now i look unlikely to achieve a 2:1 in first year.

A 2:2 should be attainable however and I've heard you can just predict a 2:1 if you achieve a 2:2, and if you feel you have the ability to get it and have evidence at A levels etc of this ability, which I do

Furthermore I have 2 spring weeks if that is of any relevance

Can anyone offer any insight to this, thank you for any help
Reply 1
Original post by mandem2k11
So i fell into the trap of first year doesn't count and now i look unlikely to achieve a 2:1 in first year.

A 2:2 should be attainable however and I've heard you can just predict a 2:1 if you achieve a 2:2, and if you feel you have the ability to get it and have evidence at A levels etc of this ability, which I do

Furthermore I have 2 spring weeks if that is of any relevance

Can anyone offer any insight to this, thank you for any help

As far as I know 2:1 is the bare minimum, otherwise you are filtered out, unfortunately, right by the first round.

I may be wrong about the above but I think in this case you should really start working on your relationships at the two places you spent your spring weeks, so perhaps they could overlook your academic performance.
Agree with above. Although surely it isn't too late already, just work your ass off. Having a 2.2 will not do you any favours at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
You can predict yourself whatever you like. Banks will filter out anything less than a predicted 2:1 obviously but they won't verify your results.

For internships it doesn't even matter because your offer is not conditional on anything, but for grad roles your offer will be conditional on getting a 2:1.

As far as I'm aware very few banks ask for module results (BAML and maybe a couple others). Even then I doubt anyone will go into it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending