The Student Room Group

Sainsbury's thread Mk IV

Scroll to see replies

So I'm typing up my resignation letter :frown: Do I put 'Dear' and then my line managers full name i.e. Dear John Smith, or should I put Mr. Smith? What's best?
Original post by Add!ction
So I'm typing up my resignation letter :frown: Do I put 'Dear' and then my line managers full name i.e. Dear John Smith, or should I put Mr. Smith? What's best?

I'd play it safe and put dear, it's a formal letter after all.

Just put dear and their first name. They're not really going to be fussed. It'll just be handed to HR so they can call it through.

Posted from TSR Mobile[ppp
How do I get my bank account details changed for my wages? Do I ring HR? Whats they're number?
Original post by greenfly125
How do I get my bank account details changed for my wages? Do I ring HR? Whats they're number?

Yeah you do, when you call though you need your employee number and answer to your security question (if you have one). If not you need DOB, postcode, bank sort code + account number (for the account they have on record) and national insurance no. Literally just read that off the card I've kept in my pocket since induction for :P I'll pm you the number :smile:

Oh great, thank you :smile:
I'm totally fed up! Three weeks solid, every shift I've been stuck on the tills for the whole shift!!! Why me!?

I got pulled off them half an hour before the end of my shift.... For a "break from them!" Pah!

Rant over.
Reply 1187
Whats your job role?

Original post by msclaireypants
I'm totally fed up! Three weeks solid, every shift I've been stuck on the tills for the whole shift!!! Why me!?

I got pulled off them half an hour before the end of my shift.... For a "break from them!" Pah!

Rant over.
Original post by tubbsy
Whats your job role?

It's a local so we're all employee as general assistants. But I just don't think it's fair that I don't get to do anything else. And 90% of the time it's busy but not busy enough for me to have to ring the bell so I'm by myself too
Hi everyone, I am asking this question on behalf of a friend who doesn't have a TSR account and wants to quit his job at Sainsburys.

On his contract it says "during the first four weeks of employment, either you or Sainsburys may terminate your employment at any time without notice or pay in lieu of notice."

He has worked for almost a month now, and wants to quit without having to give notice but is worried if he quits now he won't receive his pay.

He doesn't want to work another four weeks either, he just wants to know does this mean Sainsburys do not have to pay him for the almost four weeks he has worked there?

Thanks
Original post by Walkaah
Hi everyone, I am asking this question on behalf of a friend who doesn't have a TSR account and wants to quit his job at Sainsburys.

On his contract it says "during the first four weeks of employment, either you or Sainsburys may terminate your employment at any time without notice or pay in lieu of notice."

He has worked for almost a month now, and wants to quit without having to give notice but is worried if he quits now he won't receive his pay.

He doesn't want to work another four weeks either, he just wants to know does this mean Sainsburys do not have to pay him for the almost four weeks he has worked there?

Thanks

He'll be paid for whatever he's worked.

Posted from TSR Mobile[ppp
Hey!
Does anyone know what the cut off is for nightshift for pay, I work a Friday and Saturday night, so will the cut off be after my Friday night shift, The only reason I ask is I read on here it's different for nightshift?
Rich

Rant over.

That's why I decided not to go transfer to a local store. I like variation so can be dealing with tills

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry for asking, but when is payday? It's not tomorrow is it?
Sorry for asking, but when is payday? It's not tomorrow is it?

Next Friday (8th).
Original post by thatg
Next Friday (8th).

Damn.
Is cut off for next pay day this Saturday and will that day be included if I work on Saturday in my next wage?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Rant over.

I'll rather be on tills than being stuck on fresh during reductions.
Reply 1198
Do Sainsburys offer multi department contracts like doing 4 hours on 1 and 8 on another? Or does it have to be 12 each on both depts?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Rant over.

How long are your shifts?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending