The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Potential Summer School 2014

Hi! Just wondered if anyone on here was doing this?

I got accepted for Law and Politics - 29th June to 4th July!

Arggh so excited!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
About time somebody made a thread for this :biggrin:

I'm doing the Nottingham Potential Summer School for Architecture, Engineering and Physics :tongue:

Same! :ahee:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Leechayy
About time somebody made a thread for this :biggrin:

I'm doing the Nottingham Potential Summer School for Architecture, Engineering and Physics :tongue:

Same! :ahee:

I think I clicked the wrong section and added it to the new/current affairs bit >.> Argh, whoops..

I know! I was looking at the Sutton Trust one before :') I'm so worried about the whole not knowing anyone though, not going to lie..
Reply 3
Original post by lat3304
I think I clicked the wrong section and added it to the new/current affairs bit >.> Argh, whoops..

I know! I was looking at the Sutton Trust one before :') I'm so worried about the whole not knowing anyone though, not going to lie..

Don't worry about it :tongue:

I know what you mean although I met quite a few people from the Ambition Nottingham scheme :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Don't worry about it :tongue:

I know what you mean although I met quite a few people from the Ambition Nottingham scheme :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lucky!

I think I'll manage :P I'm quite quiet anyway, so it feels like the equivalent of someone shoving me into a freezing cold pool, but I'm so excited to go!
Reply 5
I'm also doing it :cool:

It's a shame though, I chose to do medicine or biology (can't remember which) and I got accepted for medical physiology, which is still alright but not what I wanted.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by kkboyk
I'm also doing it :cool:

It's a shame though, I chose to do medicine or biology (can't remember which) and I got accepted for medical physiology, which is still alright but not what I wanted.

Is that the first or second week?:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by lat3304
Lucky!

I think I'll manage :P I'm quite quiet anyway, so it feels like the equivalent of someone shoving me into a freezing cold pool, but I'm so excited to go!

Cool hope you enjoy yourself :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did you find out if you were accepted or not?
Reply 9
Original post by vee_wuvshugs
How did you find out if you were accepted or not?

You get a letter through the post telling you if you got accepted or not :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Is that the first or second week?:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

First I think... the first day will be awkward
Reply 11
Original post by kkboyk
First I think... the first day will be awkward

It might but I did the Ambition Nottingham scheme (did you do it?) and some of my mates from that are coming :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
It might but I did the Ambition Nottingham scheme (did you do it?) and some of my mates from that are coming :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, but I am used to talking to strangers in awkward situations... I've done the NCS thing last summer, had to dress up as a women wearing a skirt, blouse and high heels and had to walk around the whole city centre... I've gained enough confidence to talk to people through that walk of shame :cool:
Reply 13
Hey, so glad someone made this thread! I accidentally commented on the Sutton Trust one before, *sigh* anyhow, I'm also doing the Nottingham Potential Summer School this year too :biggrin:! I'm so excited for the experience and to meet new people, although I'm a little anxious about social interactions, I think we'll all be fine making new friends! Anyone else doing Psychology and Philosophy in the first week :smile:?
Reply 14
Original post by kkboyk
No, but I am used to talking to strangers in awkward situations... I've done the NCS thing last summer, had to dress up as a women wearing a skirt, blouse and high heels and had to walk around the whole city centre... I've gained enough confidence to talk to people through that walk of shame :cool:

Whoaaa :lolwut:
And how did that go for you :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by Zazzy1234
Hey, so glad someone made this thread! I accidentally commented on the Sutton Trust one before, *sigh* anyhow, I'm also doing the Nottingham Potential Summer School this year too :biggrin:! I'm so excited for the experience and to meet new people, although I'm a little anxious about social interactions, I think we'll all be fine making new friends! Anyone else doing Psychology and Philosophy in the first week :smile:?

Same (found out quite a few of my Ambition Nottingham pals have been rejected) :frown:

I'm doing Architecture, Engineering and Physics in the first week - hope to see you there :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Oh shucks, hope they're not feeling too down! Either way, I hope to see you there too, it should be awesome :biggrin:! How was the Ambition Nottingham last year?
Reply 17
Oh shucks, hope they're not feeling too down! Either way, I hope to see you there too, it should be awesome :biggrin:! How was the Ambition Nottingham last year?

The ambition Nottingham scheme started January this year :biggrin:
It was great! :tongue:
How are you getting there? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Oh right! Ah, so you must know your way around then right :P? And I assume University of Nottingham is your first choice? I'm arriving by train, which will be amusing because I've never been on one alone before and I fear I'll miss the coach at the station XD! Aye, it'll be an adventure! How about you? :smile:
Reply 19
Oh right! Ah, so you must know your way around then right :P? And I assume University of Nottingham is your first choice? I'm arriving by train, which will be amusing because I've never been on one alone before and I fear I'll miss the coach at the station XD! Aye, it'll be an adventure! How about you? :smile:

I'm gonna go on the coach even though I know my way around :tongue:

It's actually my 5th choice :wink: :mmm:
Neither have I to be perfectly honest ooh that'll be fun when the time comes
:wink:

I might go sightseeing round the uni for my adventure since I live in Nottingham :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending