The Student Room Group

Why do people care what other people do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by redferry
I think I can speak for the vegetarianism one as a recent convert.

People feel the need to justify themselves by attacking vegetarians as they feel threatened by the fact vegetarians are 'strong enough' to take a very moral life choice which they themselves are unwilling to do. It threatens them as they feel like vegetarians see themselves as/are seen as morally superior.

They feel the need to justify their life choices in the face of that and for many people it means attacking that lifestyle.

laughing-lol-crazy-l.png

No, we just want you to seriously think about depriving yourself of bacon.
Reply 181
because what others do will have an impact on them and/or society as a whole which they deem negative so they care about it.
Original post by Aula
I think the cool gang are those who are active subs :yep:

Does this mean ... does this mean that I am part of the 'cool gang'?????? :awesome: :awesome: :daydreaming: :smug:

Original post by Plantagenet Crown
"Cool gang" looool :rofl:. That sounds cringey as hell, can't think of anyone who would be proud rather than embarrassed of belonging to such a group!

Speak for yourself, Plantman :sly:
Original post by Maid Marian

Suit yourself milk maid!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 184
Does this mean ... does this mean that I am part of the 'cool gang'?????? :awesome: :awesome: :daydreaming: :smug:

Yeppity yep.
Suite yourself milk maid!

:rofl:
Oh Planta :fan: You know what they say about those milk maids and their plantmen :fan: :hubba: :hubba: :colone: :colone: :perv: :fan:
Original post by shadowdweller
Kinda seems like you're just making an excuse to dismiss anyone siding with her.

No one even sided with her in here until five minutes ago (after I made the comment) so that has nothing to do with it.

People seem to have taken issue with the 'cool gang' label. Fair enough.

The fact that it was in inverted commas seems to have gone unnoticed, but here we all are swarming the thread.
Original post by Aula
Yeppity yep.

Oh yaaaaaaaay :woo: What more could one want than to be in the TSR 'cool gang'? :awesome: :smug:
:rofl:
Oh Planta :fan: You know what they say about those milk maids and their plantmen :fan: :hubba: :hubba: :colone: :colone: :perv: :fan:

Perhaps I'd enjoy the joke if I knew what a plantman was :wink:
Perhaps I'd enjoy the joke if I knew what a plantman was :wink:

You, you're a Plantman :puppyeyes:
"Cool gang" looool :rofl:. That sounds cringey as hell, can't think of anyone who would be proud rather than embarrassed of belonging to such a group!

I think by that he means that when one of the so called "gang" argues with someone they get 5 people to back them up even if their argument is utter toss. Then they'll make some juvenile and condescending jokes and try to send the other person packing, and brand him a troll. Its playground mentality. Individually I don't mind any of these posters, but as a bunch the stuff becomes nauseating.

I'm getting really annoyed with how these threads go sometimes. This guys a really sound poster, what's the need (sorry Planta, this isn't directed towards you at all, you're sound ) to use juvenile stuff like "obsessed with my pictures" and try to make him look the fool.

Elpistolero7 is angry and needs a beer and a lie down:moon:. Might just be me freaking out over the 4 remaining weeks in the PL title race though.
(edited 10 years ago)
You, you're a Plantman :puppyeyes:

:bird:
Reply 192
Oh yaaaaaaaay :woo: What more could one want than to be in the TSR 'cool gang'? :awesome: :smug:

Absolutely nothing at all!
Original post by elpistolero7
I think by that he means that when one of the so called "gang" argues with someone they get 5 people to back them up even if their argument is utter toss. Then they'll make some juvenile and condescending jokes and try to send the other person packing, and brand him a troll. Its playground mentality. Individually I don't mind any of these posters, but as a bunch the stuff becomes nauseating.

Bingo!

They knew that though. We all knew what was meant, let's be honest.
:bird:

I ... I ... I don't know what that smiley means, so I'll just post a selection of my favourite smileys back to you :puppyeyes:

:fan: :coma: :colone: :perv: :sexface: :perv: :hubba: :hubba: :fan: :blush: :cry: :colone: :colone: :perv: :sexface: :sexface: :coma: :fan: :blushing: :colondollar: :perv:
I ... I ... I don't know what that smiley means, so I'll just post a selection of my favourite smileys back to you :puppyeyes:

:fan: :coma: :colone: :perv: :sexface: :perv: :hubba: :hubba: :fan: :blush: :cry: :colone: :colone: :perv: :sexface: :sexface: :coma: :fan: :blushing: :colondollar: :perv:

Do you think these smileys could cause an epileptic to have a fit? Like if he looked at a whole page of :perv:?
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Do you think these smileys could cause an epileptic to have a fit? Like if he looked at a whole page of :perv:?

I-I-I-I don't know :cry:
I just like using smilies :woo:
I-I-I-I don't know :cry:
I just like using smilies :woo:

Me too :lol:
Reply 198
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister

I'd feel severely uncomfortable for one.
Original post by Ruthless Dutchman
I'd feel severely uncomfortable for one.

Awww :frown: They're only smilies! :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest