The Student Room Group
Reply 1
koota
iv completed a two week work exp placement at a tiny immigration firm,i gained a good insight into the goings on of a immigration lawyer but im thinking now that if i put it on my cv would potential employers be put off simpply because it was one small practice area????:s-smilie:SSS

No. You were only there for 2 weeks.
Reply 2
It all depends on what you write about it. I've done work experience at a firm I wasn't particularly keen on because it was very small, but I've tried to use that as a strength by making it clear I've looked at a range of firms before deciding where I want to end up.
Reply 4
LucyMP
I've been in a family law firm for a month, and I worry about the same thing. I don't think it will be a problem though as long as you explain why you undertook work experience in that area.

I worry that you could cope with family law for a month :p: It's not even real law :p:
Reply 6
LucyMP
Haha, I can't dispute that :wink:

Still, I get to go to court and learn the juicy details of people's divorces! (although unfortunately I have to keep these to myself :p: )

Juicy details ....

she nagged
he found a younger model
they argued
they split
he ran off with younger model
she took him to the cleaners
Ethereal
Juicy details ....

she nagged
he found a younger model
they argued
they split
he ran off with younger model
she took him to the cleaners

Haha, fairly accurate I must say :wink:
Reply 8
i dont think it should be a problem..its less of what you do and more of what you manage to get out of it.
koota
iv completed a two week work exp placement at a tiny immigration firm,i gained a good insight into the goings on of a immigration lawyer but im thinking now that if i put it on my cv would potential employers be put off simpply because it was one small practice area????:s-smilie:SSS

You probably will get some/have had some experience at a city firm right?
If so, putting the smaller firm on your cv should be no problem.
The first work experience I did was at a solicitor's firm in my town and later I worked at large city firms as well. When I come to write my CV I will be listing all the work experience that I have ever done. As should you, I think.

Latest

Trending

Trending