The Student Room Group

OASC letter

Has anyone recently (last 6 weeks) completed OASC and received their yes/no, maybe letter? I'm still waiting for mine.
Reply 1
Hi Dangle.

I did mine about 6 weeks ago and received the "further consideration" letter about 2 weeks later...such torture!

TA
Reply 2
Original post by Total Alien
Hi Dangle.

I did mine about 6 weeks ago and received the "further consideration" letter about 2 weeks later...such torture!

TA

Thanks TA,

Reveived my letter yesterday! It's been to the wrong address and back before finally arriving.

"Further consideration" was also the outcome. Guess they're waiting on all OASC boards to go through before deciding. I know the last OASC for July's IOT is 14/15 May, so it should be shortly after that.

Fingers crossed.
Reply 3
Original post by dangle1979
Thanks TA,

Reveived my letter yesterday! It's been to the wrong address and back before finally arriving.

"Further consideration" was also the outcome. Guess they're waiting on all OASC boards to go through before deciding. I know the last OASC for July's IOT is 14/15 May, so it should be shortly after that.

Fingers crossed.

I don't suppose anyone on here knows about getting board grades if you are in the sift? I know if you fail or get accepted you get given a grade and some feedback but so far, being in this "further consideration" bracket, I have been given no indication of how well/badly I have done. I assume it's the same for you Dangle?
Reply 4
I don't suppose anyone on here knows about getting board grades if you are in the sift? I know if you fail or get accepted you get given a grade and some feedback but so far, being in this "further consideration" bracket, I have been given no indication of how well/badly I have done. I assume it's the same for you Dangle?

Yeah, exactly the same. We should get some feedback with the accept/reject letter. Only 25 made it through in March, if April and May are as slow we should be in with a chance. When did you do OASC?
Reply 5
Yeah, exactly the same. We should get some feedback with the accept/reject letter. Only 25 made it through in March, if April and May are as slow we should be in with a chance. When did you do OASC?

25? That's reassuring I think, though I don't know how many would be in one intake. I did mine on the 4-6th March. How about you, when did you go?
Reply 6
25? That's reassuring I think, though I don't know how many would be in one intake. I did mine on the 4-6th March. How about you, when did you go?

18th March, fingers crossed.
Reply 7
The intake which started last Sunday has 89 on it. This one should be similar.
Reply 8

If you passed Part 1 and progressed to Part 2, you have done well and your Board Grade should be at least 2. Thereafter it will depend on how good an interview you did. Also if you are going for an aptitude branch, an average board grade may get you in if you have a very strong CBAT score. All these factors are taken in to careful consideration at the sift meeting. What is also important is the branch you are going for and the pressure on the RAF to fill places on IOT for particular branches, particularly for the July IOT. I believe the current slow pace of letters out to candidates reflect the RAF's need to look at as many people as possible before making a decision. Pass or fail, make sure you get into the AFCO when you get your letter to discuss your OASC performance. Very important if you want to re-apply. The Board report should be on the 'Journal'. Good luck
The intake which started last Sunday has 89 on it. This one should be similar.

We're down to 88 already! Don't panic guys, being in a sift is normally quite positive, just be patient.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SCLONE
If you passed Part 1 and progressed to Part 2, you have done well and your Board Grade should be at least 2. Thereafter it will depend on how good an interview you did. Also if you are going for an aptitude branch, an average board grade may get you in if you have a very strong CBAT score. All these factors are taken in to careful consideration at the sift meeting. What is also important is the branch you are going for and the pressure on the RAF to fill places on IOT for particular branches, particularly for the July IOT. I believe the current slow pace of letters out to candidates reflect the RAF's need to look at as many people as possible before making a decision. Pass or fail, make sure you get into the AFCO when you get your letter to discuss your OASC performance. Very important if you want to re-apply. The Board report should be on the 'Journal'. Good luck

Original post by teasin_tina
We're down to 88 already! Don't panic guys, being in a sift is normally quite positive, just be patient.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks guys, fortunately I was offered one of my choices and am on the July intake, I can't wait! I will definitely be going to my AFCO to see how I did anyway, it would be foolish I think not to ask for a full breakdown of an OASC performance.

Dangle, fingers crossed for you!

TA
Reply 11
Thanks guys, fortunately I was offered one of my choices and am on the July intake, I can't wait! I will definitely be going to my AFCO to see how I did anyway, it would be foolish I think not to ask for a full breakdown of an OASC performance.

Dangle, fingers crossed for you!

TA

TA many congratulations:smile:
I still have everything crossed, hope to see you in July.
I strangely got a phone call today saying I had been accepted and I'm starting in July! Although I refuse to believe it until I see the paperwork!
Reply 13
What Branch has everyone applied for?
Reply 14
Original post by Starlet1
What Branch has everyone applied for?

Personnel
Reply 15
Hi

I am new to this group. I actually joined this forum as I am in a very similar situation. I did my OASC selection between Sun 15 Jul 14 and Tue 17 Jul 14. I recieved my letter this Monday, adding me to the list for further consideration. I havent received a grading or debrief, so I do not know how well I have done at selection. According to the letter from Cranwell, a selection board will sit sometime in Oct. I am so nervous, I hope it is good news. Is anyone in a similar situation or has any one done OASC recently. Personnel Branch, that is what I have applied for.

Quick Reply

Latest