The Student Room Group

What are the first things that you look for in a potential partner?

What do you look for in a potential partner?

Scroll to see replies

looks,
personality,
finance,
family,
qualifications,
race (can't be dating a black girl)
Reply 2
Looks
Personality
Reply 3
personality
looks
prays fajr
lol
Reply 4
inb4 "my nob lol"

Humour, shared interests, similar values, someone who makes me feel at ease/completely comfortable being myself.
Reply 5
1. They really like and want to be with me (without this I wouldn't consider or think about anyone)
2. We have a good connection, have fun together easily
3. Similar outlooks, sensibilities, views on life

That's everything. Then whether I fall for them or not is up to hormones presumably.
Reply 6
Heart, lungs, kidneys...

I kid.

The first things would be a warm-hearted personality who doesn't take things too seriously and is relaxed and easy to talk to, and sometimes flirtatious. Other things would be a pretty face, a keen sense of style and a good understanding of people. :smile:
Her reaction to below chat-up line:

"There's no rain forecasted, but you may get wet tonight."
Not having a penis is a must.
(edited 10 years ago)
"Are you going to continue to hold my attention if we sit down and talk for a few hours?"

A 'yes' is probably the first thing I look for. If anyone is wondering, I don't actually ask them this question.
Chemistry, good sense of humour, intelligent, understanding, makes me feel valued and lastly, looks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Massive tits
Massive ass
5,4+
White or Persian skin
Must a frisky little minx that I will sexually dominate and make her feel helpless with my hands around her neck.

No if no buts

That's it.

Deal with it.
I dont look for anything.. brain automatically does it for me and puts them on a scale

good ol evolution :smile:
What's Persian skin? You do realise there are many tones to Persian skin... for one I'm many shades paler than my sister, but we both have 'persian skin'. I'm not offended, just confused... and curious.

Anyway, basically someone who doesn't make me cringe when I look at them (how they speak, how they act, what they're wearing, hygiene.)

Original post by Yaboy419sDad
X
looks, shorter in height, good hair, good hygiene/smell and nice smile as a foot in the door
and then humour, happiness, wittiness, good sense of fashion, ability to keep up an intelligent conversation, academic ambition, independence, kindness/caringness (yes that is a word), interestingness or an ability to regularly surprise me etc
but I'm not amazingly picky and I see good things in most girls

edit: oh and shared beliefs/interests go a very long way of course
edit(ii): oh and not homophobic, racist, sexist, etc - that's also important
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 15
big bank account
Original post by Coke Or Pepsi
What's Persian skin? You do realise there are many tones to Persian skin... for one I'm many shades paler than my sister, but we both have 'persian skin'. I'm not offended, just confused... and curious.

Anyway, basically someone who doesn't make me cringe when I look at them (how they speak, how they act, what they're wearing, hygiene.)

The colour of them kids with Blue/green eyes in Afghanistan,Syria etc lol.

I don't know if they count as Persian but my word they are stunning.

(And would get sexually dominated)
Nice face and smile. :smile:
Reply 18
Good with animals
Don't ever want children
Nice and caring personality
Have similar interests and beliefs as me
Good taste in music and films

If they are good looking then that's just a bonus :smile:
Posted from TSR Mobile
An amazeballs sense of HUMOUR !!

Posted from TSR Mobile