The Student Room Group

GCSE Revision !!!

I am so freaked out and worried about my GCSE,i have about 25 days left until my first science exam which is chemistry and i have finished revising for that but ,its the holiday right now and for the whole week i haven't revised,i feel like i have let me self down,i am going to fail.Subjects like English.What if i revise and done get the grades ??? i find it difficult to revise for any tips any one plzzzz.:O Helpp
Reply 1
Original post by SuperFly786
I am so freaked out and worried about my GCSE,i have about 25 days left until my first science exam which is chemistry and i have finished revising for that but ,its the holiday right now and for the whole week i haven't revised,i feel like i have let me self down,i am going to fail.Subjects like English.What if i revise and done get the grades ??? i find it difficult to revise for any tips any one plzzzz.:O Helpp

There is honestly no need to worry so much! 25 days is more than enough to complete revision for all your subjects, trust me.

First tip is to make a study timetable, it should list what topics/subjects you'll study that day as well as how much time you'll allocate to revising it. After doing so, make sure you have clear,concise notes of all your subjects and make sure they contain everything that your required to know (use the subject syllabus). When making notes, i highly suggest you type them out as it really helps you go over the topics efficiently and it will also help you remember them better. You could write your notes in the forms of bullet points (this works best for me) or spider webs, you may also choose to write flashcards - best solution for go over vocabulary (if you take a second language that is). Completing your notes is half the job done. Now you need to read over your notes, don't just skim through them with the assumption that you know it. Make sure that you actually understood/memorised what is needed. Once you've gone over your notes, start practicing past paper questions. After completing a past paper makes sure that you read over the mark schemes meticulously as it will help you know how to answer the question properly- this will eliminate silly mistake and will enable you to score full marks for each question. Continue doing past paper after past paper as it will help you'll become familiarised with the type of questions asked in each exam paper.

Don't worry, if you study properly your hard work WILL pay off!

Good Luck :biggrin:
Reply 2
Thanks so much,Im so relived now,any tips for revision for english language ,mice and men :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by SuperFly786
Thanks so much,Im so relived now,any tips for revision for english language ,mice and men :smile:

Can't help you there because i'm doing IGCSE english language which probably differs from its GCSE counterpart.
Reply 4
Hi all , I'm sitting for Edexcel IGCSE English in May, Please help with some revision tips.

Quick Reply

Latest