The Student Room Group

About A-Level re-sits and gap years

Hello

I am living in Scarborough currently doing my A2s. I have applied and firmed two universities, but here is my problem:
Due to personal probelms, and a few other things, these couple of years have been.....difficult. But now I'm finding a way out of it, and getting myself on track. The problem is that, when I applied, I didn't actually stop to think about why I wanted to go to the places I applied for, or what the benefit would be. I just picked them because I believed they were easy to get into. In the end, I visited the universities and seemed to like them. In the end, I made Kingston my firm and Manchester Met my insurance. But recently, I've been wondering if I really want to go to the places. Because, when I look at the context of when I applied, it sort of makes me ask myself 'Are you sure you actually go?' What I'm thinking of doing is doing a gap year, re-applying for uni on UCAS (while thinknig about it properly, and knowing for sure where I actually want to go) and also re-doing my A-Levels (if I can) once more to actually get them at the best they can possibly be, therefore having more of a chance of going somewhere I actually want to go.

But I can't do it in Scarborough. Due to job issues, my family can't afford to live here once I leave college. I'd have to move to Cardiff, where my mum lives, and re-sit them somewhere there. Is that possible?

Quick Reply

Latest