The Student Room Group

drunk text...

I just kind of tipsy texted someone, that someone being my kind of on and off boyfriend. I sent some random things and then said I missed him. I had had enough to drink to realise it was a bad idea but enough not to care and now I do care. What can I do? He's read it but not replied and now I just feel like ****.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Personally I wouldn't do anything now until he replies and if he does tell him you were drunk.

Honestly don't feel like a ****, I think everyone's got a little to drunk and texted someone.

I know I have plenty of times.
Reply 2
Original post by Reeeeyah
Personally I wouldn't do anything now until he replies and if he does tell him you were drunk.

Honestly don't feel like a ****, I think everyone's got a little to drunk and texted someone.

I know I have plenty of times.

I said I was banning myself from drinking so hopefully he knew I had been drinking, I also said my friend was stuck in a swap so he must know.

I don't feel like a whore just sh*t to be honest. I was hoping he'd reply.

Noticed your location said Leeds, I'm from there too! :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I said I was banning myself from drinking so hopefully he knew I had been drinking, I also said my friend was stuck in a swap so he must know.

I don't feel like a whore just sh*t to be honest. I was hoping he'd reply.

Noticed your location said Leeds, I'm from there too! :biggrin:

Yeah I tend to turn my phone off nowadays if I'm drunk, well try to but it doesn't seem to work out so well.

Do you think maybe because you're drunk you were hoping he'd reply? most of the time I feel like that but when I wake up the next morning I'm so glad no one replied to my drunk texts because I think of what else I could have said to them :eek:, then I feel shame lol.

Yayyyyyyyy another Leeds person :five:
Reply 4
Original post by Reeeeyah
Yeah I tend to turn my phone off nowadays if I'm drunk, well try to but it doesn't seem to work out so well.

Do you think maybe because you're drunk you were hoping he'd reply? most of the time I feel like that but when I wake up the next morning I'm so glad no one replied to my drunk texts because I think of what else I could have said to them :eek:, then I feel shame lol.

Yayyyyyyyy another Leeds person :five:

I knew I was going to do it when I went out so if my phone was off I'd turn it back on and if I'd have left it at home... well I'd still be stuck in the same situation now.

No I've been hoping since we took a break he'd text and he never did. I'd have liked a reply but I'm still not sober so maybe in the morning I'll feel differently but I doubt I will. I didn't say anything bad (could have said a lot worse!)

Yep, not really that many on here, or maybe I've not spoken to them.
OP just explain that you were drunk. I used to get some interesting drunk texts off my (now) boyfriend when I'd practically just met him, I think everyone's done it! It's nothing to feel **** about! See if he replies, if not, you can always text him tomorrow and say "sorry I'd been drinking" or something, try not to worry about it too much!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by bumblebee342
OP just explain that you were drunk. I used to get some interesting drunk texts off my (now) boyfriend when I'd practically just met him, I think everyone's done it! It's nothing to feel **** about! See if he replies, if not, you can always text him tomorrow and say "sorry I'd been drinking" or something, try not to worry about it too much!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm stressing out because I don't want to mess everything up (not that it wasn't a mess before this) He used to drunk text me before and when we were together but I've never done it until today... well not to him. I doubt he'll reply I saw he read it over an hour ago (imessage) I was planning on doing that but if he didn't reply to that one why is he going to reply to me apologising?
I'm stressing out because I don't want to mess everything up (not that it wasn't a mess before this) He used to drunk text me before and when we were together but I've never done it until today... well not to him. I doubt he'll reply I saw he read it over an hour ago (imessage) I was planning on doing that but if he didn't reply to that one why is he going to reply to me apologising?

Well I don't know the context/what's going on between you two/what you said, but explaining what happened, i.e. that you were drunk & went overboard with the texting or whatever, is the best suggestion I've got. As I said, everyone's done it, he's even done it himself...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Well I don't know the context/what's going on between you two/what you said, but explaining what happened, i.e. that you were drunk & went overboard with the texting or whatever, is the best suggestion I've got. As I said, everyone's done it, he's even done it himself...

Posted from TSR Mobile

A lot has gone on, so a quick summary, he treated me badly (he apologised for it) I said you either want to be with me or break up but he wanted a break but I said no so we broke up, I was weak, cried on him (he nearly cried too) and then said I wanted a break instead, he said okay and that's pretty much it, no contact wasn't a rule we had put in place so it was kind of rude for him to not reply. Thank you, I'll probably end up doing that.
A lot has gone on, so a quick summary, he treated me badly (he apologised for it) I said you either want to be with me or break up but he wanted a break but I said no so we broke up, I was weak, cried on him (he nearly cried too) and then said I wanted a break instead, he said okay and that's pretty much it, no contact wasn't a rule we had put in place so it was kind of rude for him to not reply. Thank you, I'll probably end up doing that.

Oh right, okay. It is a bit odd, if you haven't decided not to talk...
You did say he might've guessed you were drinking though? I've ignored drunk texts before, as not to encourage more texting! Hope it all works out! (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Oh right, okay. It is a bit odd, if you haven't decided not to talk...
You did say he might've guessed you were drinking though? I've ignored drunk texts before, as not to encourage more texting! Hope it all works out! (:

Posted from TSR Mobile

We kind of have to talk because we're in the same friendship group. Hopefully that's what he did. Thank you :smile:
Reply 11
Is this okay to send, ''umm... Hi, sorry about last night I had obviously had a little too much to drink and after hearing that song you always sing I thought it was a good idea to text you which was clearly a bad idea. I feel so embarrassed and very hungover. Anyway hope you're okay x''
Reply 12
EDIT....

''umm... Hi, sorry about last night I had obviously had a little too much to drink and after hearing that song you always sing I thought it was a good idea to text you which was clearly a bad idea. Thank you for ignoring me (no sarcasm) it was for the best. I feel so embarrassed and very hungover. Anyway hope you're okay x''
I wouldn't send the above text. When are you next seeing him? I think it would be better to tell him face-to-face. I think putting it down in a text makes it seem like a bigger deal than it was! Just casually mention it the next time you see him.
Reply 14
Original post by I love shopping
I wouldn't send the above text. When are you next seeing him? I think it would be better to tell him face-to-face. I think putting it down in a text makes it seem like a bigger deal than it was! Just casually mention it the next time you see him.

10 days till I next see him.
Reply 15
yeah. go leeds. init.
Reply 16
Original post by bumba2
yeah. go leeds. init.

What are you talking about?
10 days till I next see him.

In that case I would just drop a text with something along the lines of "sorry about the drunk texts last night. Hope you're okay" and save the explanation for later.
Reply 18
Haha I drunk text people all the time, just say "oh i don't even remember sending this haha that's embarrassing. sorry!" or something like that. A lot of people don't reply to drunk texts because it's no fun (to some people) talking to a drunk person when you're sober. So I'd say don't over think it, everyone has done it and like you said he used to do it to you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by dead101
Haha I drunk text people all the time, just say "oh i don't even remember sending this haha that's embarrassing. sorry!" or something like that. A lot of people don't reply to drunk texts because it's no fun (to some people) talking to a drunk person when you're sober. So I'd say don't over think it, everyone has done it and like you said he used to do it to you

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sometimes do but it's not usually him. Yeah I reply to them because they're usually pretty funny.

Original post by I love shopping
In that case I would just drop a text with something along the lines of "sorry about the drunk texts last night. Hope you're okay" and save the explanation for later.

Okay thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending